Why do I have to now "log in" every day to use Quicken for Windows

Options
It is annoying to have to log in every time I start Quicken on my PC. Why have you implemented this? It is as if you are tracking my usage.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cudell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Signing on every start-up is not considered normal behavior. If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in prompt may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

This discussion has been closed.