Comcast E-Bill

I have Comcast set up as receiving e-bills and paying them as well. I have no issues paying Comcast via Quick Pay however I have not received an e-bill from them for my last two billing cycles. Almost missed a due date on my last statement. Any help on this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Pete Creedon,

Thank you for the response and for letting us know that the issue is resolved! We are so happy to hear that! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    i recently had problems getting Comcast/Xfinity to link in Quicken but finally got Quicken to link to Comcast a week or so ago.  see this link:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903887/xfinity-issue-detecting-and-paying-bill#latest . That said, I know a new bill is available from Comcast but it is not appearing as a "new" e-bill yet.  My billing cycle ended a couple of days ago and sometimes it takes a few days for Quicken to show the e-bill so I am going to give it a few days BUT I suspect I may experience the same issues as Pete Creedon with the actual e-bill not showing up in Quicken. 
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    "Pete Creedon"

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. Could you please let us know if you are receiving any error messages? Also, have you at any point attempted to remove the biller? 

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    For me, Xfinity says "Awaiting Next Bill".  If I update the link it updates fine.  January bill did download into Quicken but still waiting for February which I know is now available if I login to Xfinity website.
  • Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    I have not received any error messages in regards to Comcast. I tried updating my login and also un-linking and then re-linking again. I have no problems with that at all. It is listed in my payees section as awaiting “Awaiting Next Bill”
  • Hi @Pete Creedon and @GIWalt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your response. 

Before I can further assist you, I need some more information. What version of Quicken are you using? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. Next, are you able to see the pdf download of your bill next to where it says awaiting next bill? You made need to click the Update button located in the upper right-hand corner before these may appear. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    I am using version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100) Mac OS 12.2.1 on an IMac 21.5 inch 2019 I do not have the PDF option for viewing my last statement for Xfinity. I do have the option for my other E-Billers listed on my Payees Screen.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I too am using version 6.5.3 of Quicken (Build 605.42687.100) on Mac OS 10.13.6 (I have an older Mac).  There is one PDF bill for Xfinity  January 17, 2022 bill but the date next to the bill says February 15, 2022. As noted above, I was only able to relink Xfinity a week or so ago which may explain why the January 17th bill downloaded so late.  That said, the February 17, 2022 bill is now available on Xfinity website but not showing up in Quicken where it states "Awaiting Next Bill."
  • Hi @Pete Creedon and @GIWalt,

Thank you for your responses. I took the liberty of checking Xfinity's online bill status and it is showing internally that the online biller is currently degraded and experiencing issues. This issue is currently being worked on, however, unfortunately, there is no current ETA. 

I am sorry for any trouble that this issue may cause.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Hi @GIWalt,

I also looked into your specific biller status with Xfinity and it is showing that your password is not verified, which means you need to remove and then re-add the biller. However, due to Xfinity experiencing issues, this may not provide a solution. 

I hope this helps. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Few comments:  Up until last Fall, Xfinity was working fine.  Then I got a message when I did a one-step update that it needed to be updated.attention but I was unable to get Xfinity reconnected until February 15, 2022.  See this string:https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903887/xfinity-issue-detecting-and-paying-bill#latest

If I click on the three dots next to Xfinity (...), and go to "Edit Payee," "eBill" and "Update Login" I get the message "Success.  Biller login credentials have been updated."  This suggests to me that Xfinity has the verified password.  So, I am reluctant to remove it given low long it took to finally get it added again.

I am going to give this a little more time before unlinking Xfinity.
  • Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses and information. I will wait the 48 hours and check again. If nothing is settled, then I will go to the billers website and pay directly. It is a little disappointing but for everything else quicken does I will consider it a bump in the road. Not going to indicate “This answered my question”. Hope to keep this thread open if this problem persists. There has to be a way that Quicken and Xfinity can come to a solution.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    So I went ahead and paid my Xfinity/Comcast bill through QuickPay even though the bill did not show up yet.  I input the amount I knew the bill to be and used Quicken QuickPay to pay it.  Went through and already have confirmation from Quicken and Xfinity that its been paid.  So, I am able to pay through Quicken QuickPay but the bills don't appear to get downloaded into Quicken automatically.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees.

• Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    Just got an email saying I have a new bill from Xfinity so something got fixed. Thanks again for all the impute.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Pete Creedon,

Thank you for the response and for letting us know that the issue is resolved! We are so happy to hear that! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    Shall we talk about Capital One now?? Just kidding!! Thanks again
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Two comments:  First, did the e-mail come from Quicken or Xfinity?  I am assuming the former but don't want to assume anything.  Second, I can't tell if Quicken Jasmine is surprised by this so can QJ confirm that Quicken actually made changes to fix this or should we be thanking Xfinity?  I too hope to see this in my next billing cycle.
  • Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    Email came from Quicken. Just looked at Quicken and the bill is there. Looks to be all set!!
This discussion has been closed.