Unsolicited authentication codes tied to Quicken

Kquinby
Kquinby Member ✭✭
I am getting unsolicited authentication codes that are tied to an investment account at various times of the day. When I contact the investment account IT department, they indicate that this is likely coming from Quicken which will do updates in the background at various times. As I am not trying to access my account in any other manner, this seems to make sense to me. The account managers have assured me that I am not getting hacked. I have changed my password, and disconnected these accounts from Quicken and reconnected them with no luck. I would like to stop this, but cannot find a way to turn this off.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Quicken Connect on that account(s)?

Quicken Connect uses an "aggregator", and that aggregator can certainly be logging in "at night".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Use of Quicken Mobile/Web can be doing it too.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kquinby
    Kquinby Member ✭✭
    When go to account and settings the button I use to set it up says "connect". Is there another way to download online? And why would they go online without my saying I want to download transactions? Quicken also did something in their latest update that now prevents me from downloading transactions through my investment account. I believe it is just reporting to me what my current holdings are. They claim the investment provider is the problem, but I could download transactions before the latest update so it seems unlikely to me that it is really the investment provider vs. a quicken bug. Super frustrating.
  • Hi @Kquinby,

Thank you for contacting the Community regarding these questions, I understand that this can be frustrating. 

Dependent upon the connection method that you are using with certain Financial Institutions, Quicken will automatically download the information from their website involving your transactions, investments, bills, etc. As for another way of downloading the information, you can go to your Financial Institutions website and download a QFX file from there to your Mac then import the QFX file into Quicken. 

I hope you find this information to be of use. Please reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.