Quicken not entering rent

Rent Manager will let me enter the rent but it is not posting it in the bank record

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DellaDees

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with entering rent into your Quicken. How do you normally enter your rent into the program? Do you go to the rental properties tab and select enter rent under the add transactions button? If not could you give us an overview on how to you would do so. I'd like to see if I can replicate the issue. 

Additionally is this a recent issue? Did it happen after recently updating the program? Any details about when and where this happens gives us a better idea of what exactly could be happening.

Once you get a chance let us know more about the issue you're having. From there we'll see what our best options are. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DellaDees
    DellaDees Member
    How do you normally enter your rent into the program?=I enter rent through the rental properties tab. This is a fairly recent issue, the last 3 months maybe. It will allow me to enter the rent but does not post to the register.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @DellaDees

Thanks for the update. Does this happen to multiple tenants or is it just one? If it's just one I would recommend seeing if we might be able to check the tenant list to see if we might need to refresh the account it's being paid to. With the payments not going into the accounts that's one of the ideas I can think of.

Do you have a lot of tenants/properties? Since we've had this issue for a while do you know if this happened after a patch or did it happen at random? Is it an online register or is it a manual register the transactions go to? I do have another idea we could potentially try but need to know first the what type of register they went to. 

Once you get the chance let us know if updating the tenant's account helps. From there we'll continue on working out the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • boazamr
    boazamr Member ✭✭
    Im having the same problem. Is there a fix to it ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @boazamr,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in August of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who currently may be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.