Bills and Income- displaying future bills (Q Mac)

I've entered recurring bills and income. I have a few that skip a month occasionally. The scheduling feature only allows monthly or every x weeks, etc. So I scheduled bills monthly. Then I thought I could display them all and skip the few I need. I see an option to display next 7 days, 14, 30 days, 6 month and 1 year. Anything more than 30 days doesn't seem to work- only a few are displayed not all bills in the next 6 months or 1 yr are displayed.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pstarfam said:
    I've entered recurring bills and income. I have a few that skip a month occasionally. The scheduling feature only allows monthly or every x weeks, etc. So I scheduled bills monthly. Then I thought I could display them all and skip the few I need. I see an option to display next 7 days, 14, 30 days, 6 month and 1 year. Anything more than 30 days doesn't seem to work- only a few are displayed not all bills in the next 6 months or 1 yr are displayed.
    Hello @pstarfam

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with Bills and Income. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for further discussion of this matter.

I am curious to know more about the problem. What happens, exactly, when you try to select the intervals of 30 days or greater? Do you notice any transactions missing in the register?

I hope to hear back from you about this, should you have the chance to check back in with us and continue the discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pstarfam
    pstarfam Member ✭✭
    Most of the bills enter are monthly. 7, 14 and 30 days look correct (11 bills). All of they are scheduled monthly - never end. 60 day- only 2 more are added to the display list. Next 6 months, 2 more are added to the list, 1 year, a couple more are added. This is all in the Bills & Income tab or window. When I edit all instances of one of the bills and look at the calendar. It shows the the "next 5 payments"
  • pstarfam
    pstarfam Member ✭✭
    When I go to my Banking window and see what I would call the register, only the next 14 days or so are visible.
  • Quicken Jared
    pstarfam said:
    When I go to my Banking window and see what I would call the register, only the next 14 days or so are visible.
    @pstarfam,

Thank you for continuing to keep in touch with me about this matter. I appreciate your diligence in reaching out to me about this.

It now sounds as though the problem is with the register. Are the scheduled payments being blocked by the register somehow? Is there any way you might be able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Just for reference, here is a thread on how to submit screenshots:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

I hope this is helpful and I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared  
  • pstarfam
    pstarfam Member ✭✭
    Okay, thanks for you patience. I didn't understand how it worked... I now see that in the Bill & Income screen, the bills only are listed once- regardless of how often they are scheduled. In my banking register I now see how to adjust the reminders for bills. It seems to work now that I understand. I have a bill that will be due in Mar and Apr but not May. So I tried to skip May and it said that the prior 2 bills will also be skipped. So it seems like you can only skip the current month?
  • Quicken Jared
    pstarfam said:
    Okay, thanks for you patience. I didn't understand how it worked... I now see that in the Bill & Income screen, the bills only are listed once- regardless of how often they are scheduled. In my banking register I now see how to adjust the reminders for bills. It seems to work now that I understand. I have a bill that will be due in Mar and Apr but not May. So I tried to skip May and it said that the prior 2 bills will also be skipped. So it seems like you can only skip the current month?
    @pstarfam,

It is my pleasure to be of assistance. I am happy to discuss this subject with you further, and I am glad that the matter seems to have become more clear.

I want to make sure I understand your question. You are wondering if only one monthly payment can be skipped at a time, correct? The answer to this question would be yes. Only one scheduled payment can be skipped by selecting Skip this Instance in the Bills & Income tab under Bills.

On the other hand, if you have bills that are due at larger intervals, there are options for scheduling these bills in other ways. For example, you could schedule bills every other month. Do you have recurring bills that are due at longer intervals than every 30 days? 

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pstarfam
    pstarfam Member ✭✭
    Yes I have bills that are like every 4th month
  • Hi @pstarfam,

Thank you for your response.

You can set bills every 4 months by scheduling the bill monthly, and selecting it to happen every 4 months. In the scheduling screen, select monthly, then click the little triangle to show more options and set "Every [  ] month" to 4. 

I have included an example of what this looks like below:

I hope you find this to be of use. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.