SunTrust | TRUIST Merger -- issue check payments

Options
Hi:

I have been banking with SunTrust for the past 15+ years. Throughout this period, I have used Quicken to issue payments to, e.g., utility companies.

That is, once a payment was scheduled, the next available **check #** was automatically added into the account's check # column. It is my understanding that the recipients actually received a paper check (from my Bank).

Now, SunTrust has become TRUIST as of 21 Feb. While re-connecting the accounts to TRUIST was relatively straight-forward, I have noticed that issuing checks no longer auto-generates check numbers.

Specifically, in the "Enter Expense Transaction" dialog box's method/check, I only see the following 4 options:
- Next Check Number
- ATM
- Print Check
- EFT

My question:
- Is choosing "EFT" (Electronic Funds Transfer) accepted by all recipients? Or does it require a special setup for all of my payees?
- If I were to choose "Next Check Number", will it remember the new starting point for check #s? Does "Next Check #" work the same way I was previously used via SunTrust.

I'm merely trying to get back to the point where I can reliably send out checks via Quicken (now under TRUIST).

Thank you,
Tom

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may be able use the Direct Connect connection method with the former Suntrust account registers using the financial BB&T Online and enable the bill payment services.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907969/truist-confirms-quicken-direct-connect-option-but-theres-a-problem/p1

• skydivetom
    skydivetom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.

Any thoughts on EFT?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.

Any thoughts on EFT?
    Setting EFT doesn't really do anything.  It's like ATM.    Just another way we may choose to differentiate transactions in the register.
  • skydivetom
    skydivetom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok... final question...
    for testing purposes, I chose "Next Check #" and entered next available # manually.

Will that be sending an instruction to the bank for issuing a payment?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Ok... final question...
    for testing purposes, I chose "Next Check #" and entered next available # manually.

Will that be sending an instruction to the bank for issuing a payment?
    No.   If the register is enabled for online payment services provided by the financial institution, you would be able to enter the online payee and select Send Online Payment in the Check # field's pull-down menu.  
This discussion has been closed.