Deleted a Fidelity investment which I no longer have, but Quicken still connects on start

Barry Jedrick
Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I once had an investment account with Fidelity but have since closed it. I then deleted it from Quicken, but when I start Quicken, it very quickly shows a screen about Fidelity. How do I get rid of that?

Best Answer

Answers

• Barry Jedrick
    Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Please email me at [email removed for privacy]
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The splash is set in the QUICKEN.INI file in the hidden ProgramData\Quicken\Config folder.  I find the easiest way to reset the splash is to replace the file referenced with one you tolerate.
  • Barry Jedrick
    Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not a technical person and afraid to mess with Quicken software. Isn't there a Quicken option somewhere which I can just change? If I logon to the Fidelity website, it shows a balance of zero, but I can't change anything because it confirms that the account is closed - so I figure there must be an option in Quicken somewhere. Shouldn't Quicken do this when you delete the account?
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change the splash screen as Sherlock says, but note that this does not mean that it is currently "connecting" to Fidelity.  It is basically just advertising.  
  • Barry Jedrick
    Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
    Isn't there something I can do from Quicken options to just get rid of it?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there something I can do from Quicken options to just get rid of it?
    No. It's advertising. You're asking "Isn't there something I can do from my remote control to just get rid of TV commercials?"
    You have to be willing to rename an image file in a system folder. In my QWin Premier, the file lives in
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Sku\Premier\Custom
    If you're not using Premier, find the Deluxe folder or whatever matches your installation. Find the file you don't like and rename it to something Quicken won't use. Find a file you do like as the splash screen and rename it to splash.png.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Reinstalling Quicken will reset this to the default splash screen.
    You can get the install from here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Note you will have to be prompted to log into your Quicken Id after you have installed and started Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Barry Jedrick
    Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Guess I'll just live with it.
This discussion has been closed.