Can't sign in to my account

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Windows 11   FireFox 97.0.1

I've been using FireFox for years. Just starting today I can't sign in to my Quicken account with FireFox.
I can sign in with Edge, but I don't want to use Edge. I want to stay with FireFox. I've tried deleting cookies, history and cache. I've reinstalled FireFox. Nothing seems to work. 
Any ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I ran into this exact issue a few months ago.  (adding: I could login to my Q account with FF from another computer).  So I knew the problem was isolated to my main FF.  I ended up:
    (a) deleting all cookies, (b) uninstalling FF completely, (c) including deleting its residual main and hidden folders, and (e) cleaned up my registries using CCleaner.  (d) Rebooted and reinstalled and it worked.
    FF has been nothing but trouble in general in the past year+ with many websites (including today where it would not submit an online form and Edge worked perfect), but it remains my primary browser because of a few features others don't have.  But I am gradually using Edge more and more frequently and sooner or later it will be the replacement.  Good luck.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    BK

Thanks for the help. I've been working hours on this and still can't get FireFox to work with Quicken. I've tried everything you recommended except CCleaner.
    I have tried signing in to many accounts using FireFox and I have no problem with anything except my Quicken account. I've tried logging in to banks, stores, etc and Quicken is the only one that won't work unless I Edge. 
    I chatted with Quicken support yesterday and they said it's not their problem to just use Edge.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Now I can even update my Quicken accounts. It say "Quicken services unavailable". Try back later.  
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this Community FAQ in an attempt to resolve the "Quicken Online Services is Unavailable" error message you are receiving.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Anja,

I solved the "Quicken Online Services is Unavailable" problem. But I still can't sign-in to my account (or the community) using FireFox.

What I am seeing: 
    I click on sign in help for my password. I then get an email with a code, which I enter. Then I'm asked to put a new password in and then sign in. I put in a new password, but, apparently, Quicken does not change to the new password. Yet the old password no longer works.
    As I said FireFox has been my only browser for years. 
    I tried deleting all of FireFox cookies, history and cache. I completely uninstall FireFox and reinstalled. 
    I have tried to sign-in to many other sites (banks, stores, credit cards, etc) with no problems. 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    note:
    I have been using FireFox for 10 hours today and it is working 100% with no problems except I can not log in to my Quicken account. Everything works but Quicken. 
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for your response and the additional details. Could you please clear your cache and cookies, then attempt to log into your online Quicken account again? 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    As I've said, I have cleared all FIreFox related files including cache and cookies, completely uninstalled FireFox and reinstall FireFox (several times). Logging in the Quicken is the only site that has this problem. FIreFox is working 100% with everything except Quicken.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had login issues with quicken.com this AM using Edge. I was on the site half hour before and when I came back to the quicken.com tab, I noticed I was logged out. When I went to sign in it would not accept my valid credentials. I suspect there may be some Quicken server issues as I've seen a few posts regarding login issues today. One thing I did that may have worked or could just have been timing - I disabled my ad-blocker. After disabling for quicken.com I was in.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for your response, although we are sorry to hear that this issue is still persisting. After taking a further look I was able to find an error. For more information and instructions please check your inbox. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.