BID = 67811 Error When Syncing with USAA

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: ERROR CODE BID 67811.

Comments

• startzell
    startzell Member ✭✭
    I am getting BID = 67811 error when syncing with USAA. I believe the problem started when I switched from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and the cloud version of my quicken dataset did not change sync methods. How do I get the cloud dataset to stop trying to sync to USAA via quicken connect?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @startzell,

Thank you for Contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

One thing we can attempt here is to delete your main files dataset so we can resync it to see if we're able to get rid of the error. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac

Note: you'll need to be on a different file to delete your main files dataset.

The above steps will only remove the cloud account of the file. The steps will not remove the actual data file. The cloud is what facilitates the online facilities of Quicken and at times, encounters sync issues like you are experiencing.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, BID = 67811 is NOT an error code. It is an internal Bank ID number.
    There should be a different explanation on the error message display that's showing the BID number.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't USAA require a special PIN number instead of the website's logon ID when using Direct Connect?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't USAA require a special PIN number instead of the website's logon ID when using Direct Connect?
    That is correct.

I might look a bit different on Quicken Mac (I'm a Windows user), but this what shows on Quicken Windows and notice the link "Get Access ID and Pin".

But this doesn't really seem have anything to do with the actual problem reported, since the switch over was done in the past.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    P.S. When USAA changed over to their new security model, sync to Mobile/Web/Cloud wasn't working for Direct Connect.  I don't know if that ever got fixed or not.

Edit: found this thread were some Quicken Windows users found a way to get it to work.  Might not apply directly to Quicken Mac or even if it does the instructions might have to be "translated":
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20178358/#Comment_20178358
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • startzell
    startzell Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine
    OMG - I followed the instructions to a T. I created a new quicken file so that I could remove the cloud file for my main quicken file. That worked okay. But when I re-opened my main quicken file and it prompted me to create a new cloud file, I made the mistake of saying yes. Now I have about 20 accounts that need to be "reconnected". When I try to reconnect, I have to re-enter my account login and passwords that should have been saved in the keys database. I may have to reset a lot of passwords. I gave up after a while hoping there is a better way to get back to where I was. Oh ya, I still have the same USAA sync error, but it is coming from the cloud not from the local computer which syncs fine. Yes USAA uses a separate user token and pin.
  • startzell
    startzell Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @startzell,
    >
    > Thank you for Contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. One thing we can attempt here is to delete your main files dataset so we can resync it to see if we're able to get rid of the error. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so:
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac
    >
    >
    > Note: you'll need to be on a different file to delete your main files dataset.
    >
    > The above steps will only remove the cloud account of the file. The steps will not remove the actual data file. The cloud is what facilitates the online facilities of Quicken and at times, encounters sync issues like you are experiencing.
    >
    > Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    >
    > Quicken Jasmine

I am way worse off than when I started. I just spent several hours "reconnecting" all my accounts after I removed the cloud account. The keychain did not have the account login and passwords when I re-opened the main file. It took me hours and I am still not done. Now I have a new error. For several accounts I reconnect and the sync seems to go fine, but I get an orange banner with a triangle error message "There is a problem downloading transactions for this account [Reconnect]". I cannot get rid of these banners even after I successfully "reconnect". It is hung up making me reconnect over and over again (successfully each time), but the banners won't go away. The original USAA error during every sync is still a bother. Please help me get rid of the orange banners and fix the USAA sync error.
  • JohnGalt51
    JohnGalt51 Member
    I really with someone at Quicken would run a Beta Test on your updates. TWO MAJOR ERRORS IN TWO DAYS!
    I am having the same issues described above, and it does not seem that your suggested "fix" works.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @startzell,

Thank you for your thorough responses. I am so sorry that these steps have left you in a worse position than you were before. 

Next, I recommend that you restore from a backup that was created before performing these troubleshooting steps. You can do this by:
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose
    I have also included a link to a support article that discusses saving and restoring backups:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

-Quicken Jasmine

• startzell
    startzell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @Quicken Jasmine,
    restoring from a backup did not resolve anything. It just meant that all the manual changes that I made since that backup had to be redone. I did resolve both the USAA sync and the orange warning banner that would not go away even with multiple reconnects problems. Here is how:

USAA - log into quicken web - https://app.quicken.com/settings/accounts under settings/accounts. Find the USAA account and "remove" it from quicken web (all USAA accounts). Log out, and then open the file-based quicken app. A sync will prompt you to fix quicken web for USAA. If you have multiple account types (checking/savings) you may get a few error messages until each has been restored in the quicken web cloud. Once all is fixed - no more BID 67811 Error Messages.

For the orange warning that would not go away, I had to "download" disconnect all accounts for a particular institution and reconnect. The problem before was that I had multiple accounts at an institution, but I was only disconnecting and reconnecting each individually. It seems that when one is broke for a given institution, it is best to remove all for that institution and then reconnect. The reconnect will let you link all the accounts at one time and then the orange warning banner goes away.

[Edit-Speculation].
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @startzell,

Thank you for your thorough response, I apologize that restoring from the backup caused more work for you. However, I am glad to hear that you were able to find solutions to the issues that were occurring for you. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• JJIV
    JJIV Mac Beta Beta
    I followed this same process for USAA using the quicken web and this process corrected the BID error.  Thank you, startzell!
  • dalecooper
    dalecooper Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    When I deleted USAA from my quicken web, all of my balances were way off. I had to restore my previous file.

I should say that I am EXTREMELY unhappy with Quicken's USAA support, [Removed-Rant].
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @dalecooper,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I am truly sorry about your dissatisfaction with Quicken, we will do our best to investigate these errors with USAA and resolve them. 

Did restoring from a backup resolve the issues that you were experiencing?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• rcraigy
    rcraigy Member ✭✭
    I logged into https://app.quicken.com/settings/accounts. ALL my USAA accounts show "Disconnected" in grey boxes. I don't know how to '"remove" it from quicken web.' Would opening the app on my phone/tablet and remove it there do the same thing?
  • brittsky99
    brittsky99 Member ✭✭
    @rcraigy click the options where you see "Disconnected" and then click to delete the financial institution. Unfortunately, this will remove it from Quicken Web, but you won't get the Desktop error. Syncing back to mobile from the Desktop brought the BID error up.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @rcraigy and @brittsky99,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I apologize that you are experiencing this error as well. 

Have you attempted any of the troubleshooting steps previously posted such as deleting your main files dataset or restoring from a backup?

You can also create a test file and add your USAA account(s) to see if the same error occurs there before continuing with other troubleshooting steps. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• rcraigy
    rcraigy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I was able to clear the warning.
    I selected each USAA account individually and Edited them.

Account Settings>Downloads SELECT Disconnect Account

Then I went back to each and Selected Quicken Connect

I have to supply my cell # and enter a code each time I run Quicken.
    This method uses your NORMAL USAA User Name and Password, not the Quicken Access ID and PIN.

Then I replaced ALL the cloud data for this account.

Quicken>Preferences>Connected Service>Cloud Account SELECT Reset

It takes some time to replace all the data.

I have used 1Password to keep track of all my passwords, secure notes, etc. since at least 2008. It interfaces with Safari, FireFox, Edge, Chrome, Brave and Opera. I use it on Macs at home, iPhone and iPad and Windows 10 at the Rescue Squad where I volunteer as an ambulance driver and IT committee member.
  • timhanley3
    timhanley3 Member ✭✭
    After several hours that I shall never get back, I find the only solution is to rebuild from a back-up file, then re-add all of your accounts and then "Turn Off" the Sync feature. You will no longer get the sync error message and the orange banners. Clearly the Syncing is a no-value-added-if-it-doesn't-work feature that Quicken is using to hype the product. Hey Quicken, how about selling a Mac product without the feature for a lower price? I really hate to pay for something that does not work.
This discussion has been closed.