Is Quicken aware of the constant loss of Budget data Issue?

CMRater
CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
Would love to know if Quicken is aware of the Budget Loss Problem that has become more and more constant.  I find that even after backing up with budget in tact that when I restore the budget may or may not reappear.  Probably the biggest issue I have in using the software right now.  I can work around the constant express connect issues by using download direct from bank, but recreating the budget I depend on to monitor spending is a tremendous, time consuming task.
Would really like to know if this is on Quicken list of priority fixes.  Hard to recommend the product to friends until this is fixed.
Quicken User Since - 1991

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CMRater,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, this budget issue is a known issue and is being investigated further, though we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available. However, our teams are also still looking to collect more data for this investigation. To contribute to the investigation, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit your log files.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Quicken Anja,
    I really appreciate the acknowledgement that the budget loss is a real and known important issue requiring attention ASAP.  Just hear you acknowledge the issue is reassuring.  I will indeed navigate to the Report a Problem section to detail my frustration and understanding of what triggers budget loss.
    I look forward to a fix in an upcoming software update, hopefully in the near future.
    Thank you.
    Chuck/CMRater
  • tdroz
    tdroz Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Anja,

Any news on fixing this budget loss issue? I’ve experienced this and am in the process of recreating my budget.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    So am I, again.
    I have also recreated in excel so I can more easily recreate into Quicken.  Wish I could just import back into Quicken.  My budgets are very detailed, so it is painful.
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Again
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd share that sometime after restoring the backup file with last known budget in place, the budget does not appear.  I have found that restoring the same back up file 1 to 2 more times, the budget eventually appeared.  So don't despair if first restore does not work - try again.  Of course this is entirely absurd as we await what should be a simple software fix/solution.
This discussion has been closed.