Alliant Credit Union re-downloads duplicate past transactions

Options
Boborino
Boborino Member ✭✭
Every time I perform a download with ACU I notice it re-downloads a couple transactions approximately 30 days in the past, despite having been downloaded in the past. It has been consistently occurring for the past 4 months.

How do I fix/reset this?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Boborino

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what connection method are you using? Also, is this occurring for one account or multiple?

If you are unsure you may check by selecting Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Service. 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma

• Boborino
    Boborino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Paloma-
    It is a Quicken Connect type. I have 3 accounts that I download from Alliant Credit Union. The checking and savings are fine. It is the Visa account which exhibits this behavior. Basically it re-downloads a handful of transactions approximate 30 days old again, creating duplicate issues. So for today (3/7) it was all the transactions that took place on 2/7. When I download tomorrow (3/8) it will re-download all of the transactions that took place on 2/8....and on and on.

I usually just go and delete the new downloads but I don't see this as true fix.

Thanks so much for the help!!!
    Boborino
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Alliant Credit Union supports only Express Web Connect type connection. FWIW, I am downloading from ACU, and I do not observe the problem that the OP is having.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Roger Miller,

Thank you for your response. If you click 'Add Account' and then type in Alliant Credit Union and press it once to highlight the FI, you can then click 'Options' in the bottom right-hand corner located next to 'Continue'. In here, you can see that Alliant Credit Union offers Quicken Connect and Web Connect and can choose one of those and then continue. 

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Boborino,

Thank you for your response. 

Have you recently disconnected your accounts? If so, did you add them instead of linking them?

If not, the first thing that I would suggest is disconnecting and then reconnecting all of the accounts that are associated with this Financial Institution.

FIRST, SAVE A BACKUP!!!

Deactivate an account

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. Go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    7. Click Continue.
    I have also included a link to a support article that discusses deactivating and reactivating accounts in Quicken:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Please let me know how this goes for you, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, thanks. I stand corrected. But the options presented are Express Web Connect (not Quicken Connect) and Web Connect. My Express Web Connect is working fine, so I don't want to fiddle with it.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Boborino
    Boborino Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I went thru those steps and all 3 accounts and the problem persists. I not only have the new transactions from 3/7 but also the duplicated transactions (8 of them) from 2/7 and 2/8.

Next steps???
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boborino said:
    So I went thru those steps and all 3 accounts and the problem persists. I not only have the new transactions from 3/7 but also the duplicated transactions (8 of them) from 2/7 and 2/8.

Next steps???
    Hello @Boborino,   

Thank you for keeping in communications with us about these problems. I am sorry to hear about this issue with further transaction duplications.

First, restore from a backup prior to attempt the troubleshooting mentioned earlier. If backups have been getting saved frequently, you should be able to go to File > Restore a Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen and restore from a backup that was saved recently, but before the emergence of additional duplicates.

Next, go to the Actions dropdown list, denoted by the gear icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, above the register. Then navigate to Register Columns. Make sure that the box next to Download ID is checked. Now, do you notice anything in the Download ID column, such as multiple transactions with the same string of digits in this column?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Boborino
    Boborino Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I'm not seeing a "Download ID" option for columns. Perhaps you mean Sync ID or FITID? Again, I'm using Quicken for Mac. I attached an image of an original transaction and recently downloaded duplicated below.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    OK, thanks. I stand corrected. But the options presented are Express Web Connect (not Quicken Connect) and Web Connect. My Express Web Connect is working fine, so I don't want to fiddle with it.
    Just FYI: Express Web Connect is for Quicken Windows; the Quicken Mac equivalent is Quicken Connect. This thread is about Quicken Mac. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs Got it, thanks. I should have noticed that this post was in the Mac group. It's easy to miss that.

• Boborino
    Boborino Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boborino said:
    > I'm not seeing a "Download ID" option for columns. Perhaps you mean Sync ID or FITID? Again, I'm using Quicken for Mac. I attached an image of an original transaction and recently downloaded duplicated below.
    >
    >

Any other suggestions on my above response???????
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Boborino said:
    > @Boborino said:
    > I'm not seeing a "Download ID" option for columns. Perhaps you mean Sync ID or FITID? Again, I'm using Quicken for Mac. I attached an image of an original transaction and recently downloaded duplicated below.
    >
    >

Any other suggestions on my above response???????
    @Boborino I believe the Quicken moderator incorrectly gave you Quicken Windows advice. (His response also mentions an Actions dropdown list, which doesn't sound like Quicken Mac)  "Download ID" sounds like the column which is called FITID in Quicken Mac. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.