Updates on Web does not sync properly to Mac Desktop

Options
chris.ca
chris.ca Member
I have Mac Desktop installed on my computer and my partner uses Quicken on the Web version on hers. We don't use them both at the same time. We would like to but we don't think it's designed for that. My partner often updates categories and notes to align with our accounts. Often only some of these changes come over, sometimes none. Just this afternoon she updated 10 categories and notes, selecting the green disk icon on the right each time and then logged out, she did not select the circular arrow to update. I then proceeded to log in and update the data in order to do some of my work and we noticed that once again and none of the 10 items had changed on the desktop version. So we did a little experiment where she updated on item, selected the green disk and also the sync at the top. Again, when I log in the change has not occurred. So my question: Is there a way to update on the web and have the data come over properly to the desktop.
Thanks for any insight

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @chris.ca,

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question, I am sorry that you are experiencing this. I understand that it can be frustrating when changes to your accounts do not save. 

After making changes on the Quicken desktop application, you will perform an 'update all' syncing procedure, then, once you log in to your Quicken on the Web, you will perform the same procedure. This should allow all your information and accounts to sync. 

I have included a link to a support article that discusses syncing to Quicken Mobile & Web in more detail:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-set-and-sync-accounts-quicken-mobileweb

I hope you find this to be of use. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine The link you provided just explains how to turn on Sync in the desktop Quicken; it does not address the question which was asked. Chris describes entering information in the web interface, doing a sync, logging out, then launching Quicken Mac and doing an Update All — and the data from Quicken Cloud does not sync to the desktop version. Can you address how to force the data to sync when it hasn't? Thanks.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.