Reconciliation Problems

Options
Last year I had to create a new Quicken file (at the direction of a Quicken Help person) because my old file was so big and wouldn't update correctly. That was for the 2020 transactions and after. I usually update the whole year when I get ready to do my taxes. So now for the 2021 transactions I'm having trouble reconciling with the last balance it shows. I think the wrong starting balance might have been put in in 2020, but I'm not sure. I use 2 files for 2 different accounts with the same bank. I download the transactions fairly frequently so I have those up to date. Occasionally I have to add one that was missed. The smaller file was reconciled for 2020 correctly, but when I started 2021 the beginning balance was off. I couldn't seem to get it corrected, so I used a balance adjustment figure. However, for the larger file, it shows 2020 not reconciled. I went back to my old file and apparently reconciled it for 2020. I tried going back to my 2020 statements and reconcile the new file, but the balance and my statement and the file don't match again. I had started to reconcile it and canceled it several times and now it's all screwed up. I'm not sure where to go from here? I primarily want to get 2021 reconciled to my bank statements so I can do my taxes for last year. HELP?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello @CalifJayne,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes; I believe it would be better suited for you to contact Quicken Support by phone directly instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you, if you feel comfortable doing so.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.