My checking account not reported correctly in account balance reports

My checking account balance is accurate. All items are cleared. Yet, when I print a balance sheet or account balance it is not accurate. I spent 45 mintues chatting with a Quicken Support person. No help at all. I had no problem yesterday. Became a problem after downloading latest Quicken version.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    My checking account balance is accurate. All items are cleared. Yet, when I print a balance sheet or account balance it is not accurate. I spent 45 mintues chatting with a Quicken Support person. No help at all. I had no problem yesterday. Became a problem after downloading latest Quicken version.
    Hello @davidldahlin,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with checking account balances differing from reports. Thank you for taking the time to talk with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

How often are you saving backups? For reference, this can be done anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that a backup has been saved recently, would it be possible to restore a backup from just prior to the most recent update, when you first noticed this issue occurring? Restoring a backup can be performed by going to File > Restore a Backup File in the same menu mentioned previously.

Be sure not to backup from a file saved before 10/21/2021, as this can cause erratic program behavior, given software updates that were occurring at that time. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gck#
    Gck# Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem with 2 of my bank accounts and I spoke with a person at Quicken and restored older files but had the same result. The person I talked to said they haven't received much about this however I have heard from others on the same. Go to Quicken Help and then in the drop down select "Report a problem" this may get some attention. Just as you I just recently experienced this after downloading the most recent version R39.17
  • mjxm
    mjxm Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem with my checking account.
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared. Did everything you suggested. No help. Had a back up from two days ago. Did not work. I have worked with computers since 1982. Quicken since mid-90's. I am sure, this is the result of the Quicken update this morning. Gckx, thanks for your suggestion. The Quicken person I spoke with this morning suggested posting my problem to Quicken Help. I will do that. However, it would seem if Quicken wanted to solve the problem, it would have done so while I was in the chat room this morning.
  • Quicken Jared
    mjxm said:
    Same problem with my checking account.
    Hello @mjxm

I am sorry to hear that you are also being affected by this issue. Thank you for following this discussion in order to obtain further information about the problem. 

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps recommended earlier in the thread?

I look forward to further discussion about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ALGRL123
    ALGRL123 Member ✭✭
    Same problem - found two stray register entries that got inserted
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Again, the bank register is accurate. The report form is not. I have tried all of your suggestions. None work. If I add or subtract dummie numbers to the bank register, the report goes up or down by the dummie numbers. Again, this is an issue with today's upgrade that Quicken pushed out. Fix it please!
  • mjxm
    mjxm Member ✭✭✭
    I tried using a backup from four days prior, but the same bad checking account data shows up in any reports generated.
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    I back up data every two days. Back up data was correct in the bank register and incorrect in Quicken reports. Again, there is a problem in the R 39.17 update that was pushed out recently (today for me). Quicken, please fix this problem!
  • Quicken Jared
    I back up data every two days. Back up data was correct in the bank register and incorrect in Quicken reports. Again, there is a problem in the R 39.17 update that was pushed out recently (today for me). Quicken, please fix this problem!
    Hello @davidldahlin

I do apologize that these issues remain ongoing. Thank you for continuing to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community.

I am forwarding the information regarding this problem to our team for further investigation. In the meantime, it would be helpful if all users following this discussion that are experiencing this issue submit logs by going to Help > Report a problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then upload screenshots of the errors you are noticing in the software and submit them with a brief description of the symptoms involved.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rcogg
    rcogg Member ✭✭
    Same issue. When running account balance or net worth reports my checking account balance is inflated by around $200,000. Checking account balance in the register is accurate and matches the bank.

Have tried the restore from backup with no luck. Reported via Quicken Help.
  • mjalear
    mjalear Member
    same issue. Quicken tech stated this was the first time anyone has complain about this issue and told me to go to the community for an answer. Wow to my surprise I wasn't the only one. We need this fix.
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Thanks for posting. Sure wish Quicken would take note and provide a fix. Please
  • Mike3
    Mike3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Having similar problem post 39.21 update.  One bank and one investment account affected where register balance not carried accurately to an Account Balance report.
  • scherni
    scherni Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Same problem after 39.21 update.  Checking account inflated by 2.7M.  Register is accurate.  Only on reports/graphs such as Account Balances and Net Worth.  Will be reporting to Quicken.
  • Joe Coyle
    Joe Coyle Member ✭✭
    Same problem here also. My checking account I managed manually in Quicken, no downloads, and its still off by 27,000 or so.
  • mjxm
    mjxm Member ✭✭✭
    I updated with the 39.23 update and then used a backup from 2/28. After a lot of data updates, the problem of
    incorrect amounts in reports containing my checking account were gone. So the 39.23 seems to have solved the program problem, while a backup from before the previous update provided clean data.
  • RiverRod
    RiverRod Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Bank checking account balance inflated in reports in just last few days.
    I have Build R39.23.
  • Joe Coyle
    Joe Coyle Member ✭✭
    Still same issue, now with multiple checking accounts in Quicken.
  • martinsites
    martinsites Member
    Same problem. I submitted it to Quicken Help - Report a Problem. The Checking Register is accurate but the Account Balances and Net Worth reports are incorrect, and do not match the correct Checking value.
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Still no response from Quicken.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the problem checking accounts have paycheck transactions, it's likely the balance issues are due to issues introduced by updates 39.17 and 39.21 in early March. 

See this announcement for details. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mike3
    Mike3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Solved the problem by creating two dummy entries in the offending register, a debit in the amount of the differential between the balance reported in the Account Balance and Net Worth reports and the true balance and a credit in the same amount that I left unchecked in the report payee list.

• davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Mike3. I am not following what you did. I understand the debit portion of what you did. What is the second part? Thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @all

Thank you for contacting the Community and I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Regarding the account balance not being correct when going to print the balance sheet, would someone be willing to upload screenshots of the error that is occurring showing the correct balance and the incorrect balance? This is so we may look into the error further and escalate as needed. 

If you are not okay with posting private information, then just respond and let me know and I can send you a private message so you may send the screenshots through that route!

Could you also please send your information logs to Quicken? You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. 

Thank you all and I look forward to hearing your responses!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    The bank account is correct in the register. It is approximatly $40,000 higher in the report. Consistently, $40,000 higher. Have no idea how you can reach me privately.
  • Mike3
    Mike3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Hi davidldahlin:  The debit/credit entry in the checking account register balances out to zero and when you take the credit out of the payee list in the account balance report it will correct for the over amount in the checking register.
  • davidldahlin
    davidldahlin Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Mike3. Doesn't that give you the wrong value in the check register?
  • rcogg
    rcogg Member ✭✭
    Today's update didn't seem to fix the problem. Any new ideas?
This discussion has been closed.