Attachments in emails

David
David Member ✭✭
QFW Version R33.7, Build 27.1.33.7 Canada. When I try to email invoices, sometimes I get an error "unable to send email with attachment". This has been an intermittent error for several weeks now in three different Quicken files. Quicken has been reinstalled and validated without errors. This problem will go away for several days and then come back and reappear again. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @David

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can assist you further, I require some more information. What email platform do you use to send the invoices?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine, I believe the OP is trying to email invoice directly through Quicken. When you email an invoice, it is sent as a PDF attachment through a Quicken email server.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Greg_the_Geek,

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

To clarify; I am asking which email domain is used for the email that is set up to be able to send the invoice emails from within Quicken (see below).

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    My normal email system is Microsoft Outlook, connected to Internet through Bell Canada. My normal email address is ****@bell.net. I don't know what 'platform' I am using as Quicken appears to sending directly - there are certainly no copies of the email in my email 'Sent Items' folder
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @David

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the misunderstanding and miscommunication. 

Could you please refer to the screenshot in my previous response and double-check the email domain that is provided when sending emails through Quicken? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed-Privacy] domain name: deepol.co.uk
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    your email is being deleted to protect YOUR privacy ... as it can be harvested by scammers.  It's ill advised to replace it in full when all that was requested was the domain name ... which is in the prior email. [Edited by @NotACPA}
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @David,

Thank you for your response. 

First, I recommend changing the email address domain with which you are using to send the invoices through Quicken. 

If you click the downward arrow next to the "From" entry field, you'll get a dropdown where it lists the emails registered to be used. At the bottom of it is a button that says "Add email address" which will allow you to add another email to use, but it will send a verification email before it will allow you to use it in Quicken.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I just sent a test email and it worked fine to both of my emails (@bell.net and @deepol.co.uk). I cannot make it work or not work consistently!!! BTW, when I hit the 'email' button on the bottom of the invoice form I see: =
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I do not see a drop-down next to the 'Entry' firld
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @David,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I apologize for the trouble you have experienced.
    David said:
    I do not see a drop-down next to the 'Entry' firld
    After you open the invoice and click "Email...", you will first receive the email entry field shown in the screenshot you provided previously. You will click "OK" on that box. After clicking "OK", you will see the screen shown in @Quicken Jasmine's screenshot. The dropdown @Quicken Jasmine is referring to is the downward arrow on the right of the "From:" entry field (see below).

I hope this provides some clarity so you can complete the instructions that @Quicken Jasmine provided previously.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    OK, I got it but I still get the random message "unable to send email with attachment"
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    Thank you for confirm the issue occurs with a different email address as well.

In that case, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    I opened the support article and found it very helpful. would like a printed copy to refer to through the complicated process. I tried to print it with the headings "First: Download and use QCleanUI", "Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders", expanded to show details. My Chrome browser overlaid the print preview with overlaid images which obliterate the text. How can I get this article in another format, perhaps as a PDF?
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    I used Windows Snip to copy the instructions, so please ignore my last message.
    Question, I found C:\Program Data\QUICKEN and C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\QUICKEN - No Intuit folders. I also found C:\Users\All Users\Quicken. Shall I rename all these or just delete them?
  • Quicken Anja
    @David Thank you for following up.

You will need to rename the first 2 folders you mentioned. The last folder you can leave as is.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    Can I delete the renamed folders after the update?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    David said:
    Can I delete the renamed folders after the update?
    As long as after you reinstall Quicken, you are seeing (new) folders named "Quicken" in the same location, then yes, you can delete the folders that were renamed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.