cc-501 error schwab

hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
Is anyone getting a cc-501 error when downloading Schwab transactions? What is the fix?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has been ongoing since 11-26-2021.  Quicken can't seem to solve it.  Capital One, Sallie Mae, same problem.  Any account that uses Express Web Connect will have this problem.  Schwab used to use Direct Connect with no problems for over 20 years.  Switched on 11-26-21.  Probably cheaper, but not better. 
  • rsmiv4
    rsmiv4 Member ✭✭
    CC-501 error when trying to download 4 of my 5 accounts with Schwab. 1 account somehow downloaded ok. Checked Quicken updates - have the current version
  • sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @hmday This worked for me. Saved me much time!!!
  • james C
    james C Member ✭✭
    Schwab cc-501, is there a fix or workaround for this
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @james C,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this CC-501 error. 

Have you attempted to sign out, close your Quicken application, then sign back in as @hmday suggested? This seems to have worked for some other users as this error is still ongoing and there are no exact troubleshooting steps yet. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signing out and signing in did work for me, temporarily. The CC-501 error returned. I signed our and in, the problem was resolved. The error occurred again. Signing in and out did not resolve the error on this third episode. However, the next day when I updated with OSU the error was spontaneously resolved..... I don't get it!
  • james C
    james C Member ✭✭
    Schwab cc-501 error.
    I went to my backup file and replace the current file with the backup. The problem went away. I use the complete backup option when I do backups
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    james C said:
    Schwab cc-501 error.
    I went to my backup file and replace the current file with the backup. The problem went away. I use the complete backup option when I do backups
    Hello @James C

I am pleased to hear that these errors did not persist in the restored backup. Thank you for taking the time to update us and provide us with further information.

If you are interested, and have the chance, would you be willing to try to validate your original file to see if this resolves the issue? Once you have opened the original, save a backup and run through these steps listed below for reference:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If you should have the opportunity to attempt this, we would look forward to hearing back from you. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • james C
    james C Member ✭✭
    The Schwab cc-501 error is back, I tried the following and the error remains:
    Navigate to File
    Select Validate and Repair File...
    Select Validate File
    Click OK
    Close the Data Log
    Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• james C
    james C Member ✭✭
    Schwab cc-501 error: Today I tried "Edit/Preferences/Quicken Id/sign in as different user" recommended by hmday (see above) and it worked. Hopefully, it will not return.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had the Schwab CC-501 Error on 1 of my accounts. I did the Edit/Preferences fix. It worked so far.  Thanks @hmday! That worked.  However, I got a CC-800 on another account.... Oh.
  • sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    Same here cc-800 on Ally and American Express Bank. I was told to contact support.
  • slexpress
    slexpress Member ✭✭
    I did a one-step update and received no errors. Made no changes to my Quicken file and the next day the one-step update returned a CC-501 error associated with all 8 of my Schwab accounts, however, the transactions did download. Since then, I have deactivated and reactivated all 8 accounts, validated my Quicken file and signed out, closed and signed back in to Quicken but the error persists. Transactions do download. I have now also sent an error report via the Help menu. Does anyone any other suggestions that have worked? 🤷‍♂️
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    The cc-501 returned after the logging out and back in.  
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    edited March 2022
    I got on with tech support. To fix the cc-501 I had with Schwab, I was asked to de-activate and re-active the Schwab accounts. I did that which fixed Schwab. However.... it cause CC 800 with Alliant Credit Union, OC 362 - 1 with Fidelity and Vanguard. At this point I got off with tech support since things had gotten worse.  I needed to de-activate and re-activate all of those. After the update Vanguard had an OC 362 A and amazon developed cc-800. So... I re-deactivated vanguard and then de-activated Amazon.  Amazon re-activated but stayed as a cc-800. I re-activated Vanguard and Amazon stayed as cc-800 and Fidelity went to OL-362-a. I de-activated Fidelity and re-activated.  Amazon has a cc-800 and vanguard OL-362 A.I went to the 3 vanguard accounts and re-set them. Now I have only the cc-800 on Amazon. I re-set that and it was successful. Did an update and the cc-800 remains  for Amazon. I de-activated and re-activated Amazon.  Amazon has a cc-800.  Amazon continues at this point to have a cc-800. When I was talking with tech support, he indicated that Schwab creates problems.  If anyone has an idea how to fix a cc-800... I am all ears. 2 months ago... I did a new Quicken file from scratch... yes losing my 20 years of history in the new file. Everything was going AOK.... but now I see that Quicken is broken.  It is awfully frustrating. And getting on with tech support and sharing your financial stuff with a quicken tech is embarrassing.  I am pretty defeated here.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    An addendum.... I deleted the Amazon account totally. Re-added it and voila all works. I am still sort of defeated. But at least it is working. Honestly... should Quicken be working like this? I think not. 
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are all being affected by this issue with CC-501 errors persisting. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

Has anyone attempted to clear their cache? For reference, you can do this by closing Quicken and then removing the Cache folder from C:\programData\Quicken. I am curious about the results of attempting this if you are experiencing the symptoms described in this thread.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more about this, if any of you should have the opportunity to check back in with the Community about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • slexpress
    slexpress Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jared

I just closed Quicken, removed the Quicken cache folder, opened Quicken, updated my Schwab accounts and I still got the CC-501 error.
  • slexpress
    slexpress Member ✭✭
    Deactivated and reactivated my Schwab accounts for the second time this week and I still got the CC-501 error. Signed out of Quicken, closed the application and reopened and signed back in. I have now done three updates and the error has not reappeared. My order of fix was delete the cache folder, deactivate and reactivate all Schwab accounts, sign out of Quicken, close Quicken, reopen Quicken and sign back in. I will see if it stays fixed tomorrow when I run a one-step update. 🤞

PS: Since deactivating and reactivating my accounts after I deleted the cache folder didn't resolve the issue, it may very well be deleting the cache folder then signing out and back into Quicken will work? 🤷‍♂️
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I received the CC-501. I checked the accounts and 3 of 4 Schwab accounts download.  I reset the fourth account (edit account/online services/reset). I then added the fourth account (tools/add account). This fixed the problem for now! 
  • nickpal21
    nickpal21 Member
    After multiple calls to Quicken Support without succes, I was ready to give up. Then I tried "Edit/Preferences/Quicken Id/sign in as different user" and it worked! You would think Quicken Support would be aware of this work around but apparently not
This discussion has been closed.