New or Edit Scheduled Transaction doesn't work (Q Mac)

lwhitten
lwhitten Member ✭✭
I saw this as a problem earlier, but it still seems to be present. Selecting an entry and then clicking "Schedule" (either new or edit) doesn't pop up the window to enter any info; it just enters the schedule into a future transaction.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

A bug report has been submitted to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any further questions or concerns. 
    Have a great Friday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you schedule an existing transaction it assumes a monthly schedule by default - if you want to change that you'll need to go to the Bills & Income tab and modify the schedule there. Everything else it gets from the existing transaction, so there's no need for a window to pop up.

If I select "Schedule New Transaction" I get a window asking if I want to an an E-Bill or a manual bill. You don't see that?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It used to be that when you clicked on a transaction and selected to Schedule it, the Schedule Bill Reminder window would pop up. The developers either broke or changed this in version 6.5, and it remains this way in 6.6: it just schedules the transaction for monthly. This seems wrong to me on many counts:
    1. If a user isn't in a register, and doesn't have the register set to show two or more months of scheduled transactions, there's no confirmation of what it did; only if you have two or more months showing can you see the two (or more) future scheduled transactions appear.
    2. Many people don't want a strict monthly schedule. Maybe they want every 'x' weeks, or every 'y'  months, or the same Wednesday every month, or any of the other scheduling options on the Schedule screen. It isn't intuitive to Schedule a transaction, then deselect all the schedule transactions, then select next next scheduled transaction, then select Edit All Instances, then click the Schedule tab, and then be able to set the schedule.
    3. Many people don't want a permanently repeating transaction. The same as above, you must know how to edit the scheduled transaction in order to set an end date or number of transactions.
    All this was avoided in the past when selecting to Schedule a transaction simply opened the Schedule Bill Reminder window so a user could set their schedule options.

Can a moderator check Quicken's bug database to see if this change — that scheduling a transaction doesn't show the window to set the schedule, and simply sets the transaction to repeat monthly forever — is considered a bug or a feature? Thank you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ken Jensen
    Ken Jensen Member
    I am having the same issue. I try to schedule a new transaction (in any account) and nothing happens; no new window, no error code, nothing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

A bug report has been submitted to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any further questions or concerns. 
    Have a great Friday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• intoxyk8
    intoxyk8 Member
    When I highlight a transaction and choose Schedule Selected Transaction absolutely nothing happens. No pop-up window, and it doesn't get added to the list of scheduled transactions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @intoxyk8. Actually, a scheduled transaction is created; you may just not be aware of it. In the prison 6.5 release, the developers broke something (well, hopefully this isn't intentional!) such that the Schedule window doesn't open when you schedule a transaction — it simply creates thee scheduled transaction with a one-month interval. To see this, go to a register where you'v create such a transactions, and set it to display 60 or more days of scheduled transactions by clicking on the little "v" icon to the right of the clock under the Search box. If you now Schedule an existing transaction, you'll see it show up in the future. If you've done this already, double click on the first instance of the scheduled transaction and from the blue menu which shows up under the transaction, you can select Delete All Instances or Edit All Instances. The latter will bring up the Schedule window where you can specify the frequency and duration of the repeat schedule. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.