Just downloaded quicken - amounts not updating from $0 for various accounts

Options
Just downloaded quicken for Mac and have been adding my accounts. 5 of my accounts won't show a balance, but they are successfully "linked" as I was able to add them with my online logins. 4 of these are 529 accounts (all South Carolina) and 1 is my Voya 401K from me previous job. Any fixes here? I don't particularly want to have to add balances manually every month - I could just go back to manual Excel tracking if I wanted to do that. Thanks for any feedback!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you added the securities for these accounts?  So that there's something to add the prices for.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mjedwards409
    Options
    I didn’t, but all of my other investment accounts automatically uploaded this info. I have another 401k, two iras, an hsa, and a vanguard brokerage account that all loaded securities and dollar amounts.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mjedwards409,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What financial institution(s) are these accounts located with? What is the connection method that you set up with these accounts (Direct, Quicken, Web)? You can see this by clicking on the Account then navigating to Settings in the bottom right corner then clicking on the Downloads tab and looking next to Connection Type

I look forward to hearing your response so we may work towards a resolution. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjedwards409
    Options
    Thank you. The 401(k) that’s not showing is with Voya, specifically the UPS savings advantage program. The other ones are the South Carolina 529s.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mjedwards409,

Thank you for your response.

What is the connection type with these accounts? Do you have other accounts with these financial institutions that are showing? 

I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add these accounts to see if you receive the same error. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mjedwards409
    Options
    Hi Jasmine - The connection type is Quicken Connect, which is the same as others i’m using that are showing all balance details. This is the case for both my Voya 401k that isn’t showing as well as the SC Future Scholar 529s.

Created the test file from scratch, connected the accounts, and got the same issue with zero balance.

No other accounts with the specific financial institutions that are showing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mjedwards409,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file. 

Due to this issue still occurring in the test file, you would need to reach out to the Financial Institutions as that means there is an error with the information being downloaded from them. 

They may be able to provide further information, and I am certain that they are eager to receive feedback from customers. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to request to speak with a Tier 2 representative or an escalations agent, as they are likely to have a greater degree of familiarity with third-party software and its interactions with their online banking services.

I hope this helps. 
    Please let us know how it goes. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.