I am trying to add my rental property in Korea

Options
The problem is that it is in Korean Won, so it is okay for it to say dollars, but i need to show the value correctly. In Korea, a home that might be worth 1,000,000 dollars in US, will be represented as 1,219,410,000 Won in Korea. In other words 1 billon + Won. The problem is that quicken starts erroring out when dealing with billions. It shows error that says, "Amount must be in the range -99,999,999.99 to 99,999,999.99" How to I bypass that default setting. I have already set these accounts to not calculate in the main account and reporting, but i still need to keep track of the money in Korea. Please let me know how can this be done. There should not be limits like this. I am guessing it is done for report formatting so numbers are not so large and can print out on reports, but there needs to be a way to bypass this. Please help. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Gerald Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize for any frustration experienced from this.

After doing some testing and further researching, unfortunately, the limitation is by design. Therefore, I recommend that you create an idea post instead to request this feature to be added in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the problem with software which is designed specifically for the US market, more or less ignoring the rest of the world.
    Currencies like the Won and some South American currencies just cannot be represented properly.
    Until the programmers get around to redesigning Quicken for international currencies with room for many more numeric digits or crypto currencies with up to 9 decimal places, the only thing you can do is a workaround:
    Add a fictitious currency to your Currency List where 1 "NewWon" represents 1,000 or 10,000 or more current Won. Set up your accounts using the NewWon currency and divide all transaction amounts by the multiplier factor you used.
This discussion has been closed.