How to search through transactions for "Amazon Prime" charges

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
In my own personal budgeting process, I try to go through and look at yearly subscription expenses, things like Sirius XM, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc. usually cost more each year

One that has escaped me in trying to search for yearly increases going back, is annual charges for Amazon Prime. There does not seem to be an easy way to do a search to find transactions to see what I've paid by year since inception.

Does anyone know if there is specific search argument to use that I'm just not seeing to find the Prime charges hidden deep in the register somewhere? I suspect it's not coincidence that they cannot immediately and easily be sorted and identified.

I suspect a new tag with "Subscription" may need to be used from now on. Any other ideas? I did find "Amazon Prime" in my search, but it only shows for 2021 and 2022.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to find them easily, you have to categorize them appropriately.  I have an expense category called Subscriptions that I categorize all of these similar charges.  I would use tags to segregate them for the likes of Sirius XM, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc if I wanted to know at that level, but they are all Subscriptions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The downloaded payee has Amazon Prime in it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Thanks, I would have thought that Amazon would have some kind of identifier built into the transaction information that might help distinguish them in the transactions the last few years, but I don't see one in downloaded Payee or Memo. Why make it easy to know what you are spend on the service. That could be counter intuitive for a business to make easy to find. That's why they're BIG, they think of everything!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at some older ones in 2018 the payee is slightly different (I was paying by the month testing it out).

If these payees aren't coming through for you then I suspect the problem is with the credit card company, not Amazon.  This is on a Chase credit Freedom Unlimited card.
    Signature:
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, the only ones that are showing as Amazon Prime are for the years 20 & 21. Prior to that they are not recorded as Amazon prime. Would you mind posting what the charges were for the previous years before 20 & 21?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have Amazon Prime before 2020 except for that short trial period in 2018.
    Signature:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    Thanks, the only ones that are showing as Amazon Prime are for the years 20 & 21. Prior to that they are not recorded as Amazon prime. Would you mind posting what the charges were for the previous years before 20 & 21?

So,  if not recorded as "Amazon Prime", how WERE they recorded?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you know when they were paid in 2020 & 2021.  If it's annual it's only once a year.  Can't you go to the same date in the prior years and find it?  Then you can see if the name changed or was.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.