norton anti virus

pat curtid
pat curtid Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
what is the relationship with Quicken and Norton Anti Virus? When I use Quicken, there is a continual prompt from Norton that I no longer have an active account and would I like to reopen it. Norton is a bogus entity and has falsely told me several times that they have reactivated my account and are charging me 200 to 300 dollars, which they have not. I did have an active account with them several years ago and it was my opinion that they did nothing and my credit card companies did a better job of monitoring my well being.
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's NO relationship between the two.  I suspect that you're getting spam, and would report it as such

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have this behavior directly associated with starting and running Quicken, I suggest reinstalling Quicken including the QClean (?) step in the process. 
  • DX9993
    DX9993 Member ✭✭
    "Norton" email. Just signed up for Quicken one month ago. Not flagged as junk by Microsoft.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some scammer is using QuickBooks to send invoices pretending to be Norton. Have you signed into your norton.com account? P.S. Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit. I would contact Intuit.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DX9993 Are you actually running Quickbooks, vs running Quicken?  This is the Quicken users forum and the 2 products have had separate owners for about 4 years now.  The QB forum is here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Spoofing email addresses (the email address the message is supposedly coming form) is a standard practice as one step to avoid the email being stopped by the ISP's spam blockers.  It can't be trusted at all.

Here is an example of a spam email that Gmail caught.  Norton seems to be a very popular "subject" for these spammers.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTE, in @Chris_QPW's graphic, the actual email address that sent the message ... it ISN'T "Norton".

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    NOTE, in @Chris_QPW's graphic, the actual email address that sent the message ... it ISN'T "Norton".
    Note in the screenshot I showed the email address wasn't spoofed.  It was just an example of what kind of spam has been sent out recently.  But it could easily have been spoofed.

The point of my post was just to show that this kind of spam is common, and to point out that you can't trust that the email address is actually from where it says.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poor grammar pretty much gives it away as something bogus.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.