Download Error 31 when trying to connect with Fidelity

mdlily2
mdlily2 Member
Since 4/1, I have gotten this message: END_USER_ACTION_REQUIRED_AT_FI:FDP-108. I contacted Fidelity and there was nothing on their end. I confirmed that Quicken has the correct passwords, etc. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mdlily2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding the error you described above.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    Anja-When the article says to "uncheck" the account, does that mean to close the account? I have several different accounts with the same institution and want to confirm before I make this move. Thank you Cindy.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2022
    Thank you for your response!
    mdlily2 said:
    Anja-When the article says to "uncheck" the account, does that mean to close the account?
    For clarification; No, it is not referring to closing the account. When you are looking at the Hide and Show Accounts window, you will see 2 columns of checkboxes. The first column of checkboxes under "Hide in Lists" are the checkboxes the article is referring to unchecking (see below).

I hope this bring you some clarity and please let us know if you have any additional questions! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    Good Morning Anja-I was set to follow the steps you provided and was pleasantly surprised when the account updated without an error this morning! I will hope it continues, but now know a possible fix should it come back. Thank you for your assistance and follow up. Cindy.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is working now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    edited April 2022
    I followed the detailed steps and disconnected all accounts. Now, it is not letting me reconnect the accounts. It says Oops, we are having a problem. Quicken can not communicate with Fidelity. Try again later. Any ideas?

[Edited for Readability After Merge]
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up, though I am sorry to hear that the issue seems to have returned.

Are you still getting the same error code as before or is it different now upon attempting to reconnect?

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing now? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    This is what shows up. I hope you can open that screen shot. To get the credit card account to download, I had to pretend it was a new account. It wouldn't link to what I have. Then the Oops message comes up when I try to link all of the other accounts.
  • mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    I reached out to Fidelity to make sure there is nothing that he knows of as a problem on their end. He was kind of snippy, so I didn't get much information from him. He repeated I had to call Quicken numerous times.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2022
    Thank you for providing the additional information.

Next, I suggest removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account - if there is more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account (Skip this step if the accounts are already disconnected)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

[Edited to Correct Step 6]

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    Anja-I apologize, but I don't understand step #6.
  • mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    I think I figured it out.
  • Quicken Anja
    I apologize for the confusion. The description of that step was based on the previous look of that screen. I did not realize that it has changed. So as a correction for step 6; in the Keychain Access app screen, you will select Login on the left and Passwords at the top as shown below.

I hope this clears things up for you!

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    OK. I followed all of the steps above. It found all of my Fidelity accounts, but it doesn't let me link them to the accounts I have been using for years. My only option is to create all new quicken accounts for each. I don't want to start all over again. How can I get it to link to the accounts I already have?
  • Quicken Anja
    Could you please provide a screenshot of that screen as well?

Also, please make sure that your existing accounts in Quicken have been disconnected. If they have not been disconnected, that could be the reason why it is not allowing you to link them.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• mdlily2
    mdlily2 Member
    OK. As I was making sure the accounts were all disconnected I found a different route to try and connect them. I followed that and the links worked! They seem to have updated for now. Let's see what happens in the morning, but I will keep my fingers crossed. I appreciate your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Great to hear it's all working now! Happy to help. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.