Website is forbidden message when downloading from Synchrony Bank

I have been unable to download transactions from my Synchrony Bank Care Credit account since April 5, 2022 - I get a message that says "Website is forbidden". I can log into the website, and have reset the connection in Quicken, but I continue to get the same message

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @MarilynD and @all

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing the FDP-105 error with your Synchrony Bank accounts. 

We do currently have an Active Alert regarding this specific error with Synchrony Bank accounts. You may follow this link here to access that alert. You can bookmark this Alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem since 4/7/22
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this helps but I am having this problem with other Synchrony cards as well. Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and Paypal. The Paypal error is account not found instead of forbidden.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MarilynD and @JoeyMaggard

I just want to clarify - is the problem that you are receiving a message that includes the words "... the HTTP status 403 forbidden status..." or words that are very similar to that?

If so - that is not actually a Quicken message but rather it is a internet connection issue.  Can you tell us what you were trying to do in Quicken when you received that message?  That will help us to narrow this down.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would seem to be a QMac issue.  I just tried a download from Guitar Center Credit Card ... and it proceeded without problem ... but I'm running QWin.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, the error message from CareCredit, Guitar Center and Musician's Friend is:"FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105:Website is forbidden". I can go to the website with both Safari and Chrome, so it is not an internet connection issue on my end, These all have a retry button in the Account status window. The Paypal error is:"ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND:324:Missing". These accounts have a Fix It button, but when I attempt to "fix it" the only account that shows up is the main PayPal account, not the Paypal Extras Mastercard or PayPal Credit accounts. This has been happening for three days now, and since all of these accounts are Synchrony Bank, I assume they changed something. However, Amazon, JCPenney, Lowes and a Synchrony Mastercard (also Synchrony accounts) are all working normally.
    Hope this helps.
  • maxito
    maxito Member
    I've been having the same issue with all my Synchrony accounts and my CFNA Firestone account for a few weeks now. All these accounts used work. Does anyone know what the issue is?
  • mryan69
    mryan69 Member ✭✭
    I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue with my CareCredit and Adorama accounts, which are both Synchrony Bank.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @MarilynD and @all

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing the FDP-105 error with your Synchrony Bank accounts. 

We do currently have an Active Alert regarding this specific error with Synchrony Bank accounts. You may follow this link here to access that alert. You can bookmark this Alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The URL that Quicken uses to access your account is not necessarily the same as the one you use to access your account. As one example, for Guitar Center credit card accounts Quicken Mac uses intuit.mysynchrony.com rather than www.mysynchrony.com; I get an error message when I try to access the former but the latter works fine. 

CareCredit also uses intuit.mysynchrony.com. So there might just be something going on with that URL.

I poked around on my Windows PC a bit but couldn't find a list of financial institutions (at least not one readable by humans) so I couldn't see what URL QWin uses.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Weird, That alert was put out on 3/22 and I was still connecting fine until 4/5. Makes me wonder if there are multiple issues.
  • Agree - mine last connected on April 6th and stopped working then... super annoying its broken now - have (2) cards that are mysyncrony so this is SUPER annoying!!! Frustrated that I still see: FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105:Website is forbidden
  • mryan69
    mryan69 Member ✭✭
    As of 10:00 AM eastern time, 04/12/22, it seems to be working for me again. (CareCredit & Adorama)

Thanks, Quicken Team!
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Working for me now too. Thanks.
  • MarilynD
    MarilynD Member
    It started working for me yesterday (April 11). Thanks for all the comments.
This discussion has been closed.