CC-601 Error with Discover

Getting this message, nothing has changed on my end and my Discover Account is active and has a balance. " We cannot find an account with non-zero blance or with any transaction in the last 12 months." My last transaction showed on 4/5. New transactions are showing on my account, but nothing since then as downloaded. Just started getting this message today on 4/15.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @kaneuge,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

I have located a Support Article that defines some steps to take when presented with the CC-601 error message. You may follow this link here to access that FAQ. 

It is recommended to contact Quicken Support as they will be able to walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not already done so you might want to read the Support Article on this:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-601.
    It sounds like you need to contact Quicken Support to get it resolved. (The contact info link is in that Support Article.  Or you go to Help > Contact Quicken Support or you can log into your online Quicken.com account and call the phone number listed there.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• kaneuge
    kaneuge Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Just spent an hour on the phone with support. They can't figure it out and are workingon it.
  • I have the same problem and also spent some time on the phone with support. They had me try a test file, which resulted in a different error. However, it downloaded the records.

They escalated and said I would receive an email with what to do. Haven't received it yet, but do have a case number. I'll call again tomorrow to see where they're at.
  • colive
    colive Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as original poster. Last update with Discover was on 17 April. At present, no time to spend on phone with support. Hoping issue is resolved with a software update.
  • ts063068
    ts063068 Member ✭✭
    My Discover says it's updating but hasn't since 4/20.

When I log into the Discover website there is a pop-up about "Say hello to your Account Home's new look".

I think the new look or popup is throwing Quicken off. Hopefully this can be resolved soon!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when a bank makes changes to its website it can affect how Quicken can access the accounts, but that is not always the case.  If/when a bank website change causes an error to occur, it will sometimes require us to:
    1. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    2. Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account).
    3. If that doesn't work, Deactivate/Reactivate the account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup Now > follow the prompts and if/when prompted be sure to link the downloaded data to the correct account(s) already in Quicken > if there are any duplicates added to the register they will need to be manually deleted).
    Possibly another option:  CC-601 is an error code that typically applies to the Express Web Connect (EWC) connection method.  I just noticed that Discover Card also offers the Direct Connect (DC) connection method.  DC tends to be a much faster and more reliable connection method than EWC.  Has anyone in this thread tried using DC instead of EWC?
    If anyone wants to try upgrading from EWC to DC:  On the Online Services tab of Account Details, there should be a blue font link saying that there is an improved connection method available.  Click on that link to start the process.
    Another way to accomplish the upgrade from EWC to DC:  Do #3 above but after clicking on Set Up Now (or go to Add Account) click on Advanced Options and then select Direct Connect before proceeding to the rest of the set up process.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• kaneuge
    kaneuge Member ✭✭
    Actually support said it was a bug but I did resolve it. The password in Quicken for Discover wouldn’t work even though it worked on the Discover website. I reset to a new password in Discover and was then able to put the new password in my quicken account. My local balance did not match the online balance so I deleted the one transaction to balance it. Tried to fix the register via quicken but it did nothing but everything is working now and balanced.
This discussion has been closed.