M&T Bank Direct Connect

This discussion was created from comments split from: M&T Bank Direct Connect Not Downloading Transactions.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• fsecor
    fsecor Member ✭✭
    April 10, STILL an issue with M&T Bank Direct Connect.
    Yo Quicken, let's find this ug and fix it.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2023

Hello @fsecor,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the M&T Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    I too am having a problem. The error I get says Quicken cannot connect to the server. This ONLY occurs for M&T direct, all my other accounts download fine. This problem has now been going on for over 48 hours. I tried your test account suggestion and get the same error, cannot connect to the server. I have gone directly to the M&T site and can log on with no difficulty to the server. This has to be a Quicken problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EWK
    EWK Member
    Quicken Anja,

Have tried all you suggested. Still getting the OL297 A error.
    Any suggestions?????
    Thanks,
    EWK
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    EWK, they are aware of the issue but at this time they have no solution frustrating as that may be. Hopefully it will clear up in a couple of days...
  • EWK
    EWK Member
    Thank you for your response....
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    M&T Direct Connect still broken - been at least a week now?
  • Smalldog1
    Smalldog1 Member
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Rant/Solicitation]
  • Smalldog1
    Smalldog1 Member
    edited April 2022
    OMG....now Quicken will not even cycle through the Download Transactions function. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • fsecor
    fsecor Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello @fsecor,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 
    >
    > First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the M&T Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:* Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    >
    > ...
    >
    > Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Jasmine,
    Spent more than an hour on the phone with an M&T/Quicken Tech-Supervisor. This is just one of the things we tried. Q still wouldn't connect to M&T.

Time to throw some additional gas on the fire upstairs and get the people in Engineering to FIX this issue, please. The M&T people are as frustrated as WE are.
  • Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    I am having similar issues with M&T, but now my Citi and Capitol One accounts are getting wonky and requiring 3 attempts to download.

The rumor about Quicken is that financial institutions (mostly banks) don't like Quicken servers contacting the bank servers to download transactions. Banks much prefer you to go directly to the bank website and download into Quicken (which is a pain). This is why fewer and fewer banks allow direct download/payment through Quicken. Some even say Intuit saw the writing on the wall with this issue and is part of the reason they sold Quicken.

Regardless, if this continues with M&T, the usefulness of Quicken for me is starting to reach zero.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Ted Hovick it sure doesn't make sense to continue to subscription if one is happy with the functionality and has to manually download transactions in some way outside of Quicken. Where's the value in a subscription for that?
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still not working this am. It was suggested yesterday to try later in the day but that does not work either. I have 8 M&T accounts and on any given day there may be up to 60 transactions, to enter them manually is not an option. This issue has been creeping up on Quicken and now it is biting them in the behind.

Intiut is having the same problem with Quickbooks which I also use for my business. It is time to FIX the problem!
  • stormeee
    stormeee Member ✭✭
    Quicken you need to fix this pronto. Been an account of yours since inception. This length of time is unacceptable, as well as a blow to your reputation. Please get this urgent issue done.
    ty
  • Jim Richar
    Jim Richar Member ✭✭
    I too just got off the phone with M&T support... they said that both Quicken and the M&T IT departments are working... but this is affecting other banks as well. I use Quicken for Mac and am getting a "download error (1003)". My last successful download through Direct Connect was on Tuesday, April 12. Problem started on Wednesday, April 13. This is the first time that I have ever had a problem NOT be resolved overnight... and its now going on 4 days! (I have a Quicken Subscription service so have the latest version 6.6.2)
  • fsecor
    fsecor Member ✭✭
    Mine started a few days prior to that. Restored a week old backup, rebuilt transactions, OK, FOR 24 hrs, then went to lunch again.
    MEANWHILE, Bank of America has NO problem with DirectConnect. Could be M&T's new 2FA, which also sucks. Always sends code to email, even though have cell phone in profile... never asks which is primary... Boo.
    Son just started a business. Will tell him to open business accounts at BofA so can get downloads.
    Oops, M&T just lost one and maybe me soon t follow.
    Thanks, Quicken !
  • Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    We are now at 1 week on this problem. There has been no update on this problem from Quicken since 4/14/2022. Quicken is useless to me if I can't pay my bills.
  • fsecor
    fsecor Member ✭✭
    Tom, I have Bank of America, Direct Connect as well as M&T. Assuming you're in Buffalo, Bank on Buffalo and Evans Bank both use Q's Express Web Connect. I know it's a major PIA to change banks, but perhaps it's time to consider that option...
    I have multiple banks, multiple accounts. Backup... All have run in Quicken for years until this major problem with M&T.
    Very frustrating.
  • JonM523
    JonM523 Member ✭✭
    I noticed here... https://www3.mtb.com/personal-banking/online-mobile-services/direct-connect that M&T now wants $9.95/mo for Direct Connect service !!
    I have been paying $3.95 for many years. Perhaps this is how they put the screws to older accounts? Time to churn?
  • Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    @JonM523, I have always paid $9.95 and that has to be at least 15 years. BTW, Direct Connect worked this evening! Who knows for how long? As usual, Quicken was right on top of notifying us that the problem was "fixed."
  • JonM523
    JonM523 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I've had this account for 30+ yrs. I'm probably great-grandfathered in. lol.
    I'm glad to hear there is evidence of action. But yesterday I tried to reset Direct Connect by de-activating it, and I still can't re-activate it. Going to M&T's website to enroll informs me that I am (already) enrolled.
    I tried again just now, and this time, Quicken didn't respond to my M&T login and password with a no connection, or "our fault", error...the only response to the "connect" button was for the Norton Security "Protecting your information..." message in the upper right of the window to flash. Was that even there before?
  • M&T to Quicken link is working this evening for me. Has been unavailable for a week, but now seems ok.
  • EWK
    EWK Member
    Direct Connect working this morning..... Keep your fingers crossed...
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    M&T connection working as of last night and download this morning went without a hitch.
  • JonM523
    JonM523 Member ✭✭
    Direct Connect setup worked for me this morning! 😁
  • Jim Richar
    Jim Richar Member ✭✭
    My M&T Direct Connect still not working (last worked on April 13). For what its worth though, my Error Code (Quicken for Mac subscription service) WAS a 1003 code... today is a 503 error. PLEASE get this working... have been manually entering transactions since this is "tight" month, so monitoring more closely!
  • Kek213
    Kek213 Member
    My M&T Direct Connect still not working. Still error code OL-294-A. Tried setting up a new test account, same thing. Has not worked for a couple days now.
    Frustrating is to say the least! All my other accounts with different banks work, M&T NOT!
  • Kek213
    Kek213 Member
    OMG, was finally able to download and connect to M&T Direct connect! Hallelujah!
This discussion has been closed.