Problem with scheduled reminders

Options
Following a recent Quicken update I noticed that the graph on the Reminders windows (All bills and reminders tab) was showing a huge jump in my balance (i.e. hundreds of thousands of dollars) occurring on an upcoming date. When I hovered on that date in the calendar I was presented with many duplicates of one of my income reminders for that date. By many, I mean too many to display on the screen. The list went from top of screen to bottom. I decided to delete the income reminder, but then I saw a similar issue with a scheduled payment being repeated many times on the same date and thus showing a huge negative balance. I decided to delete that one too. I then did a backup and recreated the two entries and all looked OK. I then decided to do a validate. Validate reported one error with my reminders. When I opened the reminders I found there are now well over a hundred identical "zero" entries. See screen shot. Each of these shows an "only once" payment of zero with no due date and status "done." Also no payee. How can I get rid of these all at once? Deleting them one at a time is super slow. None were there until I did a validate. I also tried a Super Validate that didn't find any errors.

The issue seems similar to a recent closed thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907559/how-do-i-eliminate-repetitive-0-entries-for-all-bills-and-deposits-bill-and-income-reminders
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @thompson87
    You mention a recent update. Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken are you running now.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • thompson87
    thompson87 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken Premiere for Windows version is R39.23, build 27.1.39.23
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken Premiere for Windows version is R39.23, build 27.1.39.23
    Hello @thompson87

I apologize about this issue with scheduled reminders. Thank you for keeping in contact with us about this matter, and for providing additional information. 

Would it be possible to restore from a backup saved just prior to this most recent update? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Given that this has been done often, you should be able to restore a recent backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I hope to hear more from you about this, if you have the chance to check back in with us once more about this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.