How do I eliminate repetitive "0" entries for All Bills and Deposits, Bill and Income Reminders?

There are numerous (over 50) zero balance entries in both categories in addition to my active entries.  I've validated without effect and cannot delete individual zero balance items.  Issue is months old.  Typical line is "Done... None... 0.00"  The "uncleared transactions" option also reflects numerous similar entries dating back to 2/23/2021.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hello @Richard Troy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I also suggest that you try Super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thanks, Anja.  No issues found with super validate. Up front, please note that none of these anomalies is a show-stopper, though I like keeping a "clean" Quicken.

In All Bill & Deposits, "zero" entries start after 18 active entries and extend to bottom of page.  To avoid the "zeroes", I must list bills and deposits by reverse date; e.g., the one shown is for this month, the others aren't due until later:

Same with Bill and Income Reminders.  All zeroes.  I have no "scheduled" bills and don't expect to see any bills and income reminders: 

The "uncleared transactions" is just something I noticed. The page shows "zero" entries at many dates between 2/23/21 to 9/8/21.  This is irrelevant to me, but may be of interest to you, 

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Anja.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the screenshots and additional information.

I know you mentioned in your original post that you are unable to delete these entries, is that also the case for the entries within your account register? What happens exactly, if anything, when attempting to delete them from either location?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This should be impossible:

It should be impossible to have transactions that have both the payment, and the deposit columns empty.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    You're both right.  I went back and deleted the "zero" uncleared transaction entries from 2/23/21 to 9/8/21.  I'd lacked the insight to see them as different from the others (which remain as reported).  On the other hand, I don't know how "zero" uncleared transactions got there in the first place. As I deleted each, I noted a comment like "Do you want to delete this reminder?"  (Can't remember the exact words.)  Also, I've had no such uncleared transactions since 9/8/21.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.