Mobile Sync breaks date or amount or both in edits of recurring bill payments

Options
Papoon
Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
(see also my earlier post here)
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create new Quicken file
  2. Enable Mobile Sync
  3. Add credit card account (offline is fine; behavior same if using online accounts)
  4. Add checking account (offline is fine)
  5. Create recurring Bill payment of $0.01 on 17th of every month from Checking to Credit Card
  6. "Edit this instance" of the recurring bill payment, changing the next payment from $0.01 to $500.00 (leave date unchanged)
  7. Before Sync with Quicken Cloud you see what you'd expect (a $500.00 payment scheduled for 17th)
  8. Click "Sync Now" on Mobile & Web tab
  9. After Sync with Quicken Cloud you will see that date has changed to 1 day earlier (16th)
  10. "Edit this instance" changing date back to 17th and leaving amount unchanged:
  11. Click "Sync Now" and date is again 16th but now amount is back to $0.01

Currently running QWin 39.23 (first began documenting at 30.21)

Not sure where Quicken's cloud is located.  My time zone is GMT-4:00

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Papoon

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community to tell us about your issue, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. On your desktop program go to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    5. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did not change any defaults when creating the new file.  I called it Test so Quicken called the Dataset name Test and the File name Test.QDF.  No discrepancies.  Also, I neglected to state this in my original post, I never actually used the mobile app.  The only syncing was between a single instance of QWin and the cloud file.  I'd encourage you to reproduce the steps I posted.  At this point I'm pretty confident you will observe the same behavior in about 5 minutes.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello @Papoon

Thank you for your response, though I do apologize for the misunderstanding.

This bug has been confirmed internally and I have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (CTP-3757)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.