Does Quicken for Mac version 6.3.0 (7/29/2021) run on Mojave (10.14.6)?

Mark Wilderson
Mark Wilderson Member ✭✭
I know 6.3.0 is discontinued but I need a version of QMac that, at some point, had been supported on Mojave so that I can import my QMac 2007 data in a OS that supports 32 bit instructions. Quicken support said they can provide me access to an installer because I've been subscribing since 2017 but he didn't know which versions were supported on Mojave.

If 6.3.0 wasn't supported on Mojave, which versions are? 6.3.0 is the newest version, besides the current version, that I can get from support. I can get older versions, though.

I'll move QMac to the current version (6.6) after I'm happy with the import.

Thanks,
Mark

Best Answer

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Current version of QMac will import QM2007 data file, and though not officially supported, is not prevented from and is compatible with running on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mark Wilderson I'm confused by your question. Version 6.3, as well as the current version 6.6, both run on Mojave, and they will both handle the import from Quicken 2007 in the same way: via a converter which runs partly locally and partly on a Quicken cloud server. It doesn't matter which macOS you are running, because the part of the conversion which requires running old 32-bit code (the extraction of data from he Quicken 2007 data file) runs on the cloud-based server, not your local Mac. Your data is not retained on the server; it's just there temporarily to complete the conversion and is then deleted once the data has been downloaded to your Mac to import into a modern Quicken Mac file.

The change to using a cloud-based converter instead of one running on the local Mac was implemented way back in version 5.13 back in October 2019, shortly after Apple released macOS Catalina, the first macOS which could not run 32-bit code.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mark Wilderson
    Mark Wilderson Member ✭✭
    > @smayer97 said:
    > Current version of QMac will import QM2007 data file, and though not officially supported, is not prevented from and is compatible with running on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

I suspected that what you said was true. Thanks for confirming.
  • Mark Wilderson
    Mark Wilderson Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > @Mark Wilderson I'm confused by your question. Version 6.3, as well as the current version 6.6, both run on Mojave, and they will both handle the import from Quicken 2007 in the same way: via a converter which runs partly locally and partly on a Quicken cloud server. It doesn't matter which macOS you are running, because the part of the conversion which requires running old 32-bit code (the extraction of data from he Quicken 2007 data file) runs on the cloud-based server, not your local Mac. Your data is not retained on the server; it's just there temporarily to complete the conversion and is then deleted once the data has been downloaded to your Mac to import into a modern Quicken Mac file.
    >
    > The change to using a cloud-based converter instead of one running on the local Mac was implemented way back in version 5.13 back in October 2019, shortly after Apple released macOS Catalina, the first macOS which could not run 32-bit code.

That's great news - I didn't know about the Quicken cloud server.

Thank you,
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.