Wells Fargo - OL-297 (QWIN)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: More download problems - Wells Fargo and Franklin Templeton.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we recommend that you please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

However, based on the volume of reports we have received about this error with Wells Fargo so far, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. We request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• B_A
    B_A Member ✭✭
    I am also getting the OL-297-A error on my Wells Fargo account this morning. I agree there are new problems every week when I do my bills.
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    A new day, a new Quicken problem with Wells Fargo. I am also getting error OL-297-A
  • B_A
    B_A Member ✭✭
    Chatted with support. They had me reset the account. Made no difference, still got the same OL-297-A error. Told me to call Monday so they could escalate the issue. Don't know if it's a WF problem or Quicken problem. Not a big fan of either one!
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Multiple attempts to download from Wells Fargo using two different computers result in OL-297-A errors. Data from other institutions downloads properly. Issue first occurred this morning.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This morning I'm getting OL-297-A errors from my Wells Fargo accounts when trying to connect. I'm able to connect directly with a browser so it must be a backend issue.
    Any ideas?
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we recommend that you please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

However, based on the volume of reports we have received about this error with Wells Fargo so far, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. We request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tralfamadore
    tralfamadore Member ✭✭✭
    Received OL-297-A error starting this morning 4/23/22; did chat w/ Quicken Support, went through deactivate/reactivate ending w/ same error. Tech suggested calling Wells Fargo Quicken support. Went through a number of steps to c/o w/ same result. While on the phone, Wells tech searched and found that there is now a known error involving internet connectivity betw Wells & Quicken. They are working on it with no ETA at this time.
  • mdw1836
    mdw1836 Member ✭✭
    Unable to connect starting 4/23/2022. Anyone else having trouble today?
  • Redneck
    Redneck Member ✭✭✭
    me too. No Internet Connection. But I have internet access
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    B_A said:
    Chatted with support. They had me reset the account. Made no difference, still got the same OL-297-A error. Told me to call Monday so they could escalate the issue. Don't know if it's a WF problem or Quicken problem. Not a big fan of either one!
    That's one thing that drives me crazy when Quicken problems arise (fortunately not that often in my case).  Nothing gets fixed during the weekend, which is when many customers use the product.
  • WhatAmIMissing
    WhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    New Error message OL-297-A today, Saturday 4/23/2022, after repeated attempts to connect.
  • vkwagon
    vkwagon Member
    How to fix OL-297A error
  • mikro
    mikro Member
    ditto: New Error message OL-297-A today, Saturday 4/23/2022, after repeated attempts to connect. drives me nuts too.
  • kbrown914
    kbrown914 Member ✭✭
    Also can't connect to Wells Fargo. "Validate and repair" caused Quicken to crash.

Last time I tried "validate and repair," the report said a category was corrupted and removed but it doesn't tell you which one so how do I avoid using it again?
  • st7yjkx
    st7yjkx Member
    Unable to connect to Wells Fargo with Quicken as well starting 4/23/2022. Attempted multiple times though out the day. I can only assume no one from Quicken/Wells Fargo works on weekends, must be a supply chain issue
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Working for me as of right now. Successfully downloaded W-F transactions (after OL-297-A errors earlier today).
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OL-297 errors most often are caused by some issue with the FI's server.  It is usually not a Quicken caused issue and usually Quicken will not be able to resolve this issue...because the Quicken Team does not have access to the FI's servers (nor should they).
    OL-297 errors most often occur on weekends because that is the most common time of week that FIs schedule their system maintenance/upgrades/repairs. 
    When encountering an OL-297 try doing Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now). That will sometimes work when OSU does not.
    More often than not, the only thing to be done is to wait.  Try doing OSU again later in the day or the next day.   Most FI system maintenance will be completed in that time period.  Sometimes, if there is major maintenance/upgrade/repair occurring, the OSU-297 issue will not go away until the next business day.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > usually Quicken will not be able to resolve this issue...

Does Quicken have contacts within at least some of the financial institutions? I imagine that Quicken contacting the institution has more impact than a handful of Quicken users calling support departments. In any event, that line of thinking is what motivates me to alert Quicken when I see an issue.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wells Fargo worked once for me last night again, but this morning fails repeatedly, OL-301-A. Report submitted. Reset failed too. My mom's WF Acct download works fine.
  • B_A
    B_A Member ✭✭
    This morning I am now getting OL-310-A also. I agree that Quicken needs to have more of a support presence on the weekend (especially Saturday).
  • WhatAmIMissing
    WhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    My banking accounts processed just fine this morning (4/24/22). My credit cards show error message OL-310-A.
  • Boatnmaniac
    EllisGJ said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > usually Quicken will not be able to resolve this issue...

Does Quicken have contacts within at least some of the financial institutions? I imagine that Quicken contacting the institution has more impact than a handful of Quicken users calling support departments. In any event, that line of thinking is what motivates me to alert Quicken when I see an issue.
    I don't know but I would be very surprised if they didn't have a list of contacts.  But we need to keep in mind a couple of things: 
    • OL-297 errors often do not mean there is an issue that anyone can resolve because it is often indicative of planned maintenance being done, especially when it occurs on weekends.  If the code still occurs during a normal business day then there could be a larger issue and the Financial Institution (FI) might need to be contacted.  But if it happens on a weekend, a holiday or at night  there is almost nothing that can be done to address it until the next business day...and before then this error code will often have resolved on its own.
    • Getting Quicken and/or the FI to address any error code on weekends, holidays and at night is usually a futile effort because that is outside of their normal business hours and they don't have staffing to support it.  Usually we simply need to be patient and wait, perhaps even until the next business day.

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I understand that the problem likely won't be corrected over the weekend. However, I would like Quicken to have the data - problem reports from users - at their disposal when they are in fact able to take action. I intend to continue to report problems when I notice them. Have a nice day.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    As @WhatAmIMissing said it appeared to be my credit card failing. I checked this morning on the WF web site, and it said the credit card info was unavailable right now, but my bank accounts were there. So just now I checked the web site again and the credit card account is available. So I tried Quicken and WF downloaded just fine! So try it - WF may be working for you now.

So I only have 2 FIs not working right now:
    PNC - needs Web Connect for access to CD
    Franklin Templeton
  • Boatnmaniac
    EllisGJ said:
    Yes, I understand that the problem likely won't be corrected over the weekend. However, I would like Quicken to have the data - problem reports from users - at their disposal when they are in fact able to take action. I intend to continue to report problems when I notice them. Have a nice day.
    That is absolutely a good thing to do.  My comments weren't intended to discourage that.  I just wanted to make sure you (and others in this thread) understand that neither Quicken nor FIs are going to do much of anything to fix issues outside of normal weekday business hours.  You have a nice day, too.

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    That is absolutely a good thing to do. 
    Thanks for clarifying your point! And thanks for helping the community.
  • WhatAmIMissing
    WhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    One Step Update completed today, Monday, 4/25/22 at 9:02 AM with no issues or error messages.
This discussion has been closed.