Cannot download transactions from Northeast Credit Union

Download error says Northeast website is unavailable. I have no trouble logging in to the website and accessing my accounts.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @redwing33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message that you are receiving, does there also happen to be any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    cc 502
    I also submitted a problem report through the help menu
  • redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    screenshot of error
  • redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    second try
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Q doesn't use the same URL to login to NECU that you use. This is a fairly common situation, and could indicate that Q's connection is down while you's still works.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    After entering the username on necu.org directly, the netteller address is the second login page that asks for the account password. Not sure which path Quicken takes to download transactions
    I've had this issue many, many times in the past and very recently went through it again Looking at other posts it seems that this has been a long term issue especially with the Quicken interface with credit unions. Really don't want to have to deactivate all the accounts and start over.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have the exact same issue...  CC-502 trying to add my accounts to NECU.  I submitted a report through the Help menu; hoping that will bear fruit.
  • redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    Hi
    I just ran an update and 5 of 6 sub-accounts downloaded. Earlier I had tried to reset the sixth and that one did not download. Trying to."set up online" from the account list for #6 still gets me the "website unavailable" error.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @redwing33 Please explain "sub-accounts", as such don't exist in Quicken.  How do you have them setup in Q?

• redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    The basic account number looks like this xxx-xx-xxx
    Within that account you can
    Savings xxx-xx-xxx-S01
    Checking xxx-xx-xxx-S02
    Xmas xxx-xx-xxx-S03
    etc,
    Quicken list them as individual accounts under Banking

Have been using this structure in Quicken for years
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, they're actually separate accounts in Q and not sub-accounts ... which is perfectly acceptable.

• Don Bartenstein
    Hello @redwing33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message that you are receiving, does there also happen to be any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.
    I'm having the same issue, getting CC-502
  • mkenton3
    mkenton3 Member
    Same issue. Tried deactivating account and reactivating. New error states that the "Northeast Credit Union website is temporarily unavailable". I did confirm the site is up.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2022
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• I keep getting the CC-502 error. Been getting it since March 28th. I submitted several reports to Quicken Support. Has anyone received an update regarding NorthEast Credit Union? Weeks long outages for financial software is unacceptable.
  • Don Bartenstein
    After a few weeks of not working, download activation for NECU worked today.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.
  • mkenton3
    mkenton3 Member
    Download is still not working for me. I have seen moments where it does, but I can no longer replicate that. I've submitted several reports. I called Quicken support today. They are aware and have forwarded the issue to the appropropriate people, but no update thus far. Support wanted to troubleshoot while on the phone, but unfortunately I was not in front of my computer. I will call support later this week when I am. Hopefully we'll make some progress or at least provide better information.
  • redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    Been away since 4-9. Ran Quicken today. The deactivated account from 4-4 got a CC-502 when I tried to reactivate it. The other 5 accounts that worked on 4-4 no longer download anything and there's no error message. Quicken just shows the Update Progress screen then reverts to the register with no new transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• Don Bartenstein
    redwing33 said:
    The other 5 accounts that worked on 4-4 no longer download anything and there's no error message. Quicken just shows the Update Progress screen then reverts to the register with no new transactions.
    That's what I'm experiencing now.  Account was attached/activated OK, but nothing downloads.
  • redwing33
    redwing33 Member ✭✭
    emailed NECU and it looks like Quicken told them there's a system compatibility issue. See reply paragraph below:

"At this point after reaching out to Quicken we were told our current online banking platform was not compatible with their software. We are unsure when or if they are working on the matter, although we will be seeing a big change to our online banking experience coming this summer. As Quicken is a third party software there is only so much troubleshooting we can do on our end without Quicken intervening. We are patiently waiting to hear more from their team in order for us to provide solutions to our members."

Unless Quicken develops a fix soon, which seems iffy given how long this has been going on, we'll have to hope the new NECU system solves the problem.
    In the mean time it's back to downloading individual accounts from NECU's website and opening them manually with Quicken. I did that yesterday and it worked after a bit of relearning. Functional but a long way from optimal.
This discussion has been closed.