R40.21 Need to Update Message AFTER updating

Ed V
Ed V Member ✭✭
I'm getting the following update message after updating to the latest release.

Please investigate.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

I was able to replicate this and have received the same messages upon installing the latest update. These messages are old and are being displayed in error. Please ignore and disregard them. Since I was able to replicate this internally, I have forwarded this to the proper channels to have this further investigated. 

Our teams have confirmed that they are looking into this and this will be resolved shortly.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Jeff107
    Jeff107 Member ✭✭
    Right after updating to the latest version I received the following pop-up windows. The 2/27/22 date makes no sense and since I'm on a subscription plan I'm not sure how I can't have the latest version? It has also come up more than once.

Is this for real? The FAQ takes me to some "download the Mondo Patch"

Thoughts

PS: Version: R40.21 Build: 27.1.40.21
  • dwintjen
    dwintjen Member
    Same here. The latest (R40.21) update was this morning and this message started appearing. Strange the latest version on the download page (linked from the warning message) is R40.13.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Problem. OSU showed new version. I downloaded. IMMEDIATELY got this:

I keep getting it. Obviously, have the latest version and 2/27/22 long gone. What is going on?????

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Got that popup MULTIPLE times per session for the first two or three sessions after the update to 40.21. They have now stopped.

Checking for updates shows 40.21 as being the most current.

I have been in touch with the developers and they are aware of what I have seen. Will post if I learn more.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

I was able to replicate this and have received the same messages upon installing the latest update. These messages are old and are being displayed in error. Please ignore and disregard them. Since I was able to replicate this internally, I have forwarded this to the proper channels to have this further investigated. 

Our teams have confirmed that they are looking into this and this will be resolved shortly.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I am receiving the same message after Quicken Windows Premier auto-updated to R40.21 today (April 28, 2022). (Build 27.1.40.21). O/S Windows 11 Enterprise.
  • Marvin Gardens
    Marvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    Today, 4/28/2022 I applied the latest update -- R.40.21 Build 27.1.40.21. And now when I run a OSU I get a popup that I have to apply a critical update dated 2/27/22.

How do I shut this off?
  • Gsec I
    Gsec I Member ✭✭
    I'm also getting that same message after updating to R.40.21 Build 27.1.40.21
    Is there a separate update that needs to be installed?
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Mondo Patch web page does not show a R40.21 Patch...... both my computers show update available.  Reading here that there are issues with this update (new normal)...... will wait any install...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never installed R40.13 because of issues reported here. Waiting to let others try R40.21.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    After installing 40.21 this morning and restarting Quicken I received the message below. I may be mistaken but this message should not have appeared given I'm on the latest version. The message misleads the customer into thinking there is some other update they haven't applied. Please fix. Thanks.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    Sad that I reported that DIRECTLY to the programmer when they sent me a test build for another problem. I hate that those old bugs keep re-appearing.

Anyway, they are fixing it even though the message should not show up again.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

I see that Quicken has now designated R40.21 as the latest production release. Since the release number has not been changed, does that mean the problem discussed in this thread has not been fixed?
  • NineOneOne
    NineOneOne Member
    This also affects versions that is not subscription based. I'm using Q2017 for Mac v4.8.6 (Build 48.20336.100). And keep getting the popup for many weeks now. I always ignored it because I thought it's a click bait and this is how Quicken wants non-subscription users to update to the subscription based model by tricking them into downloading a new version. Since I never used (and never needed) online access, I always just ignored this message, after all my non-subscription based version will not receive any updates any more. This is why I found it "suspicious".
This discussion has been closed.