Paypal - No Downloaded Transactions (QWIN) [Edited]

Hi all,

I setup my Paypal account inside of Quicken a few months ago and it has been working fine. A few days ago, it suddenly stopped downloading new transactions. There are no errors and when I look at the bottom of the register, the online balance does update correct. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Kardinalcc,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error. 

What version of Quicken are you using? You can see this by going to Help>About Quicken. What is the Connection Method that you have set up with Paypal? You can see the Connection Method by navigating to the Tools menu in the upper left > Account ListEditOnline Services.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Paypal account(s) to see if the same error occurs. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    same problem here. R39.23. PayPal Express Web Connect. Same problem with test file. I notice that in the test file, when I add an account, it says "Paypal (retired)". But not when it runs OSU.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Randy 415 said:
    same problem here. R39.23. PayPal Express Web Connect. Same problem with test file. I notice that in the test file, when I add an account, it says "Paypal (retired)". But not when it runs OSU.

Hello @Randy 415

I am sorry to hear that this issue is affecting you as well. Thank you for seeking additional information in this discussion. 

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps recommended by @Quicken Jasmine earlier in the thread? I look forward to hearing about your results.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Randy 415
    Yes, as mentioned in my comment. Results were no change.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Randy 415 said:
    Yes, as mentioned in my comment. Results were no change.
    Hello @Randy 415

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I apologize that the resolution remains somewhat opaque, as of now.

Given that this issue is persisting over data files, I do recommend reaching out to Paypal support regarding this problem. It is often helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team as these personnel are often more familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    @Randy 415 Hi Randy, were you able to resolve this? I hadn't used my Quicken for a week and was hoping it would resolve itself, but no luck.
  • bishro
    bishro Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue as well, so this is not a problem affecting just one person, and needs to be addressed by Quicken staff or their providers having a technical discussion with PayPal, rather than individual Quicken users all contacting PayPal support with no centralized location for solutions. This started sometime last week -- transactions at the beginning of last week downloaded successfully, but transactions from the end of last week and later have not downloaded. I did report the problem through through the option in the program.

Ron

Q Deluxe R39.23
    Windows 10
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• vdemola
    vdemola Member ✭✭
    Same problem here.
  • reedd
    reedd Member ✭✭
    Similar problem with PayPal, my PayPal Synchrony MasterCard stopped working around the same time others have reported. I am no longer able to get transactions. I tried to reconnect the account but it now fails to locate my MasterCard account at all.
  • Tampa
    Tampa Member ✭✭
    I too have the problem where no PayPal transactions are being downloaded anymore.

This issue started after 3/29/2022 for me (last download was on 3/29/2022).

Called Quicken Support and they were unable to resolve the issue over the phone. They had me Deactivate and Relink to the PayPal Account. The account was linked again but there were no transactions downloaded. As a note, there is a Quicken Bug that changes the Opening Balance when a bank account is relinked.
  • pjusken2
    pjusken2 Member ✭✭
    Same here. I have 4 paypal accounts. Two show a 0$ Online Balance and the other two are correctly reflecting Online Balance. None are downloading transactions anymore. All this started a couple weeks ago. Quicken needs to fix this!
  • kcumbus11
    kcumbus11 Member
    Same problem, no new transactions from PayPal since end of March.
  • ProfQuill
    ProfQuill Member ✭✭✭
    My PayPal downloads worked up until April 15.  My next transaction was April 18, then I had 7 total, and none would download.  No errors.  The online balance is correct. I tried resetting the account, no change. 
    In desperation I did a PayPal download as a .qif file for those days and the transactions are in there.  Unfortunately not as clean because that technique creates split entries including a 'fee' [of zero] so I need to clean them up.
  • Tampa
    Tampa Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja, @Quicken Jasmine, @Quicken Jared

It looks like there are a number of people having this same problem with Quicken not downloading transactions from Paypal (both on this as well as other discussions). It appears that this has been happening since the end of March / beginning of April (since the last update?).

Could you please advise if this is being looked at by the Quicken development/support team(s)? And if you have an estimated time for the fix that would be wonderful.

Best Regards!
  • Randy 415
    Hey. Yes, I still have this problem. Good news. Quicken is working on it. (Ticket #9419189). So everybody, open Quicken, run an update, and then while still inside the app, report a problem, and send your logs. That will help., If you are still desperate for transactions, you can log onto the PayPal web site and manually download the transactions into a file, and then import them into Quicken. Worked for me, temporarily.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is being investigated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Tampa
    Tampa Member ✭✭
    Quicken,

Thank you for fixing the PayPal Download issue!

As of today, 4/29/22, all my transactions (back to when the downloads stopped working - end of March) have been downloaded. After this the Quicken ending balance matched exactly to PayPal's online balance.

As a note to others, this change was done on the Quicken server side (there was no Quicken software application updated).

Well done!
  • Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Yep. I can confirm I’m also able to download again with the latest version.
This discussion has been closed.