Quicken is incorrectly creating transfers from downloaded transactions

SPCrook
SPCrook Member ✭✭
Problem 1 - If I have a deposit and payment transaction for the same amount that are on (or close) to the same day in different accounts, Quicken is automatically entering them as a Transfer between accounts. Note - this happens when I use the "One Step Update" feature. I have not tried / noticed if this happens if I do each account separately however that would be a pain with the number of accounts I'm tracking.

Problem 2 - If I go in and remove the transfer from the Category, it removes the entire transaction from the account I am NOT currently in and I have to go back and add it manually.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @SPCrook,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I suggest navigating to Edit > Preferences > Transfer Detection. This setting should change the issue that is occurring where your accounts are automatically matching transactions and creating transfers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @SPCrook,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I suggest navigating to Edit > Preferences > Transfer Detection. This setting should change the issue that is occurring where your accounts are automatically matching transactions and creating transfers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• SPCrook
    SPCrook Member ✭✭
    Thank You!! I had searched google, looked in the online help, tried everything I could think of to see if there was some sort of setting like this and I could not find it anywhere.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @SPCrook,

I am glad that I could be of assistance and help you reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    About #2, that is the nature of transfer in Quicken, you change one, you change both.  If you change the category to make it not a category, it breaks the "transfer" which deletes the other half.  No way to get around it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.