Quicken won't update transactions

Not connectiong to my bank to update transactions. M&T bank. I hate this new quicken. miss the old version,

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Old Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case). Then, if you haven't already, in your original file, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ladesmond734, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Are you receiving any error codes when you update, or just no downloaded transactions? I look forward to hearing back, thanks!
    -Quicken Jade
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ladesmond734 Please do HELP, About  Quicken and tell us what product, and BUILD of the product you're running.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem. 501 codes. Quicken Premier.. Help help!!!
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that information, @Old Guy I went ahead and took a look at the report you sent in so I do appreciate that. One question I have is what kind of accounts do you have with M7T? ie, checking, mortgage, credit card..
    Would you mind attempting to add the accounts in a test file? Here are the steps on how to do that. 

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    How do I create a new Quicken data file
    2. Select New QUicken File
    .How do I create a new Quicken data file

3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, type "Test" then click Save. How do I create a new Quicken data file
    5. Select not to use Mobile
    6. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file. 

Please let me know if you run into any issues or still receive error codes when doing this. 
    Here is how you would switch back to your main file afterward; 
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open.

How do I create a new Quicken data file

Thanks!

-Quicken Jade

• Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jade said:
    > Thank you for that information, @Old Guy I went ahead and took a look at the report you sent in so I do appreciate that. One question I have is what kind of accounts do you have with M7T? ie, checking, mortgage, credit card..
    > Would you mind attempting to add the accounts in a test file? Here are the steps on how to do that. * Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    >
    >
    >
    > 2. Select New QUicken File
    > .
    >
    > 3. Click OK.
    > 4. In the File name field, type "Test" then click Save. 
    >
    > 5. Select not to use Mobile
    > 6. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file. 
    >
    > Please let me know if you run into any issues or still receive error codes when doing this. 
    > Here is how you would switch back to your main file afterward; * Click the File menu.
    > * Look near the bottom of the options list.
    > * Select the data file you want to open.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > -Quicken Jade

My Accounts updated in the test file. When I re-opened my original file I still get the error codes.......
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Old Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case). Then, if you haven't already, in your original file, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Anja!!!!! It worked. Even PNC checking updated!
  • Quicken Anja
    @Old Guy You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.