Downloading Transactions & auto Reconcile

Options
When I download transactions from my bank, Quicken reconciles them instead of just marking them as cleared. I'm sure this is a setting somewhere, but I can't find it. Please help

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Asewlady

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this and I understand how frustrating it can be.

I recommend pressing CTRL on your keyboard > then navigate to  Reconcile without downloading > Use online balance > Uncheck auto-reconcile.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My preference is to reconcile to paper statement since some financial institutions have trouble sending the correct online balance, i.e. they include pending transactions that have not been downloaded yet or CapOne CCs that just have an amount that is wrong, like off by .01.
    The only way to mess up a reconcile to paper is for you to fat finger in the amounts wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Asewlady
    Asewlady Member
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine, Thank you, that Helped, but I didn't get the screen you showed, but it got me thinking in the right directions. I opened Edit account details, On Line services and unchecked Reconcile using online Balance. Worked great Thank you again
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Asewlady,

Thank you for updating me.

I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.