Payee reports

davidtoo
davidtoo Member
edited June 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have been using Quicken since DOS....never had problems until now. I am attempting to do a report of certain Payees and when I put in the filters, I get nothing for 2021 or 2022 on this particular payee. Nothing shows up. I called support, but the guy simply told me there may be a problem with the current version and I will have to wait until quicken is revised. Is that possible? They messed up the software? Anybody have this issue and have you figured a way around it?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version are you running?  Since Quicken is now doing staged releases - sending out new versions in small random batches - "current" isn't specific enough.  With an actual version number somebody running the same version can try and duplicate the problem.
  • davidtoo
    davidtoo Member
    Version R40.21, Home and Business. I believe its he latest patch.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Are you sure the Payee is exactly the same in the 2021 and 2022 transactions as in the earlier ones?

If you have accumulated a large number of Payees over the years and there are variations on the name, it is possible that the newer variations to not appear in the Payee dropdown list. The list appears to be limited to 2,000 names or so, drawn from all the Payees you have ever used, not the Memorized Payee list.

Try using the Payee contains box at the right of the selection tab instead of the dropdown list.

See this discussion for more info.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20182313
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware of spelling variations on the Payee Name ... McD, MacD, Mc D or Mac D all are individual payees.
    If you're trying to reuse a Saved Report, created and saved in an older version of Quicken, it might be necessary to create a new report from scratch, customize it and save it again, replacing the old saved report version.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken report customization window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @davidtoo - Run a report of all Payees.  I found the best one for this purpose is "Spending by Payee" under "Spending" in the report list.  Make sure to choose all payees.  You will then see any variations in your payee names that might cause problems.  I have found that not only spelling, punctuation, spaces, but even capitalization will cause problems in payees not being included in reports.
  • davidtoo
    davidtoo Member
    Thanks folks. I will try all your suggestions. Just a note...nothing in this program works as well as it did when Quicken was owned by Intuit. I have all sorts of problems with reports and it seems transactions missing from my reports. I do not remember in literally 30 years or more of using quicken having any issues whatsoever with the program. Now it seems I can never get the software to do what I want it to do, and tracking down the issues is very time consuming. Maybe Quicken has not yet adjusted well to Windows 11? who knows.
This discussion has been closed.