R40.23 Canada - issue with importing banking/cc transactions

goleafsgo
goleafsgo Member
Just updated to R40.23 and having issues with importing banking/cc transactions:
"There are Quicken components currently open and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again."

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• goleafsgo
    goleafsgo Member
    Answer ✓
    Issue resolved by backing up Quicken file, uninstalling Quicken, turning off anti-virus and reinstalling.

Answers

• Stu Gauld
    Stu Gauld Member ✭✭
    Here's the error messages I'm getting.
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems after updating to R40.23 this morning. It looks like it is trying to reinstall the new version of Quicken from the transaction download
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    I have reported the problem with the log files
  • goleafsgo
    goleafsgo Member
    Answer ✓
    Issue resolved by backing up Quicken file, uninstalling Quicken, turning off anti-virus and reinstalling.
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    What version was reinstalled? R40.23 or the previous version?
  • goleafsgo
    goleafsgo Member
    R40.23
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much. That solved the problem.
  • john gordon
    john gordon Member
    I'm having the same issue. Did you just reinstall the patch version that was downloaded? QWCA27.1.33.7MPATCH ?
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    No. I did a complete download of Quicken and let it uninstall and re-install it. I also turned off my McAfee virus protection before I did that.
  • john gordon
    john gordon Member
    OK Thanks for the reply
  • jasongrace27
    jasongrace27 Member
    how do i uninstall and install again without losing my info?
  • RLoblaw
    RLoblaw Member
    After recent update to version R40.23, program no longer will accept download transaction files. I receive an error to enter an alternate path to a folder containing the 'Quicken.msi' package which I cannot find. I tried submitting a report but I get an error that says
    'Unable to send report to Quicken, please try again.'
    I am on the subscription service (have been for a number of years) and do not know how to uninstall and re-install the application
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    Go to Quicken.com and log into your account. After signing in, at the bottom of the page there is another area that says "Sign In" with some selections. Click on Download Quicken. Then click on I'm installing or reinstalling Quicken. Download your version and follow the instructions. It will uninstall and reinstall the new version. Mine came back up will all my data.
  • Alain
    Alain Member
    I had the exact same problem: not downloading files from the bank and looking for "Quicken.msi. I was glad to see others had the same problem and reported it. Uninstall and re-install worked for me. Thanks for the information.
  • Alain
    Alain Member
    Further to my previous comment: I now notice that it re-installed R33.7, not R40.
  • Patrick Y
    Patrick Y Member
    Same issue. "Resolved" by uninstall, virus disable, re-install - but also noticed the version is R33.7 - not the latest. So is this really resolved, or is there an issue with R40? Tried to manually upgrade the version, but it says I have the latest version R33.7. Very strange.
  • Alain
    Alain Member
    What Patrick Y said.
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked, and after uninstall/reinstall using the download from Quicken to fix the QFX import issue, the version reported via "About Quicken" is R33.7 (no longer R40.23)
  • jands
    jands Member ✭✭
    I suspect after all the problems people have had with R40.23 that they have suspended the update for the time being. Strange that when I uninstalled / reinstalled mine that it was still R40.23. and (fingers crossed) no problems so far.
This discussion has been closed.