Chase Business Credit Card/Want two card numbers to be in one account

Cricket2005
Cricket2005 Member ✭✭
I have Quicken Deluxe Subscription (Windows). I have used Quicken for 15 years and the following has always worked for me until the other day. I searched through the help messages and didn't see any other issues identified like this. Here goes:

Chase Business Card had a parent number and then I will call the two credit cards the child account (let's call them 1234 and 5678) Both credit card numbers would download together into one Account (let's call that 1234-5678).

Direct Connect. Was getting an error message with doing update now and not paying much attention. I de-activated and reactivated to try to solve the problem. Once I reactivated, there are only the two child accounts and the parent is no longer an option to select. The Quicken setup would have those two child accounts go into two separate Accounts in the Account List. Not what I want or expect.

I think when I called Quicken and called Chase, I was at level 1 support. I could call back and escalate but thought I would check here first.

Thanks in advance,
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may have inadvertently changed the connection method you were using. 

After you deactivate the Online Services of the registers and cleared the name of the financial institution on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Chase, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Note:  When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.

• Orisela
    Orisela Member
    Thank you for posting. I called Quicken Support & Chase Support and both did not have a solution for this problem. Please share to have customer change connection type.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orisela said:
    Thank you for posting. I called Quicken Support & Chase Support and both did not have a solution for this problem. Please share to have customer change connection type.
    Did @Sherlock 's advice to change connection type solve your specific issue?

• Cricket2005
    Cricket2005 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, no, the recommendation does not help. I am familiar with setting up Direct Connect through the Advanced Options section. I tried it again today to see if something had changed with Quicken and/or Chase and still the same issue. Probably 4-5 years ago, this had happened before and I feel like the solution came from Quicken. I was hoping there was an easy answer.
  • Cricket2005
    Cricket2005 Member ✭✭
    And, I really appreciate the detailed response with the pictures.
  • Cricket2005
    Cricket2005 Member ✭✭
    After speaking with both Chase and Quicken again today, both indicated that the functionality was removed in February update. Which is when my issue started. This is ridiculous that they would take away a function that existed forever in Deluxe. So, they either took it away to get people to move to Home and Business or screwed it up.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    After speaking with both Chase and Quicken again today, both indicated that the functionality was removed in February update. Which is when my issue started. This is ridiculous that they would take away a function that existed forever in Deluxe. So, they either took it away to get people to move to Home and Business or screwed it up.
    For the record, Quicken Inc didn't remove anything.  Chase decided to change it.

Quicken only follows the account structure that the financial institution sends.  There has never been anything in Quicken that allows the user to decide to combine or separate accounts like this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Cricket2005
    Cricket2005 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for the comment. [Removed-Disruptive]. I can't be the only Quicken user that has this. What is the solution otherwise? Before it was a One Step Update. Now, I import both cards separately. I guess I will stop my mini-tirade and move along with dealing with it that way. Life is too short.
  • onetrick
    onetrick Member
    I have the exact problem. Disheartening would be putting it mildly.
  • fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    I am also having this same issue. For years, I've been downloading the transactions of both Chase business credit card account numbers to the same Quicken account, as a combined download, using direct connect via one-step update. My issue began at the close of my February statement. After talking to Chase, on many different occasions, they, in fact, removed the option of downloading the combined transactions of the two different business card numbers to one Quicken account.

The issue stems from Chase no longer displaying the hidden account number that contains both combined card transactions. For example, on the same Chase business card account, I have two cards that end in different account numbers, even though they are both tied to the same one account. There is a third account number, that is hidden to our view, but not to Chase, that contains the combined transactions from both business cards. We used to be able to see the hidden account when setting up one-step update for the account. Now, that third, hidden account number is no longer visible by us or Quicken as Chase no longer gives us access to that third hidden account number.

When I log into Chase online, all of the transactions, from both cards, are still combined on one online account. I can also display each separate card's transactions using a drop down menu option. The only way to get all of the transactions, in one combined download, is to download them to a Quicken Web Connect (QFX) file and import them into Quicken. That's the only workaround I've been able to come up with at this point.
  • CVChief
    CVChief Member ✭✭
    Eek. Well that explains why mine doesnt work either. I have like 6 credit cards under that one account.
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    I just confirmed this through Chase as well. I'm like you @CVChief, got one card with 7 users and another with 5. I will never be able to reconcile them again at this point. 😭 Too much to try to keep up with. Everyone please complain to Chase!!!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe switch to American Express. My wife and I have different card numbers but both cards' activity download into one Quicken account. Unfortunately there is no indication of which card produced which activity in the downloads.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• acentam
    acentam Member ✭✭
    +1 on this issue. Can Quicken provide an issue name or ticket number for us to reference with Chase tech support? If this is indeed on the Chase side of the API I am disappointed they made this change without alerting customers. I cannot spend the time copying transactions over between cardholders to make the master account reconcile only to lose all of the category accounting data from that user’s transactions. This is a breaking change and will make me switch banks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a Chase issue.  Why would Q have a ticket for it???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• acentam
    acentam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Agreed. I’m asking for anything we customers can reference at Chase to tag the Quicken customers their change has impacted. Squeaky wheels and oil.
This discussion has been closed.