Version R40 Upgrade Issue Processing Bank File

Van Canucks Fan
Van Canucks Fan Member ✭✭
I let Quicken upgrade to Version R40.23, and everything seemed fine, but today when I tried to process my usual bank file that I downloaded then a Windows installer popped up. It was looking for my "Quicken.msi" file for some reason, and it is not in the location the installer was looking. Since I don't have the file I had to cancel and now can't process my bank file. Is there a solution for this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Right-click on a .QFX file, select Open with... and More apps, and check the Always use this App to open .QFX files box.   If Quicken does not appear in the list, select Look for another app on this PC, navigate to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Quicken folder, and select qw.exe.

• micvezina
    micvezina Member
    I have the same problem since update to version 40.23. This solution does not work for me. It still produces the same error: missing Quicken.msi file
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @micvezina,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and that the previous instructions provided was unable to resolve this for you.

Other users in this thread here have reported being able to resolve the issue you described by uninstalling Quicken, turning off Anti-Virus, and then reinstalling. If needed, please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Van Canucks Fan
    Thank you Anja. I uninstalled and re-installed and now it is processing the bank files correctly. I didn't need to turn my Anti-Virus off, it was not the issue
  • Alain
    Alain Member
    I had the same problem. I un-installed and re-installed, and the bank download worked fine (didn't turn anti-virus off either). However, I now see that it installed R33.7 instead of the newer one...
  • Van Canucks Fan
    Yes, I didn't notice it but it is the same for me. I guess I won't upgrade again for a while!
  • Alain
    Alain Member
    Me too, I guess! I asked it to check for updates from within the application, and it says I’m up to date with 33.7 as the most recent. I guess 40 is rolling out slowly. Hopefully, the bank download “looking for msi” thing will work when it does. Anja?
This discussion has been closed.