Bills & Income Tab does not open and freezes the program, Is this a systemic issue?

So, I go through the update now steps, and then I hit the bills and income tab and I wait and wait and wait. The program is frozen, and I have to shut down and restart. I have gone through the fix and repair and all of the updates are installed. What now or is this a systemic issue being worked on?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went to the  BILLS, "Bills Income and Transfers" page (is that the one you're discussing?) and didn't have any problems.
    What "fix and repair" steps have you taken already?
    And, what Q product and BUILD of that product are you running.   This info is at HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rlarap
    rlarap Member ✭✭
    Q ver. R40.21
    Win 10 Enterprise
    I have done the repair and validate.
    9 times out of 10 I click over the Bill & Income Tab and it freezes. I click it again the monitor goes cloudy and I get the two options to either wait or close the file.
    Window System- Memory is good 8GB RAM
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rlarap,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this

We have seen that some users who are using Carbonite or another form of online/cloud-based backup service are experiencing slowness or freezing with the Bills and Income tab. We've escalated this issue and have been investigating a resolution.

If you do use Carbonite or another cloud-based backup tool, please try disabling this, ensure that your data is being stored locally (C: Drive), and see if this resolves the issue.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AmyW47
    AmyW47 Member
    I am also having this same problem. I do not have Carbonite or a cloud based backup tool.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @AmyW47,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.