Quicken Cloud

RRJ
RRJ Member ✭✭
Hello everyone. Has anyone discovered how to completely disconnect the cloud account from the Quicken desktop file? The issue that I’m having is each time I try to attach a receipt to one of my transactions it uploads to quicken cloud and for some strange reason all of my account balances change. I’ve turned off cloud sync and deleted the cloud file associated with my account but the issue reappears each time I try to add an attachment. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Even if we have never enabled Sync or selected any accounts to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud, Quicken will synchronize some of our data to a cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  Instead of attaching documents to transactions or registers in our Quicken file, we prefer to preserve our documents in a file system where they're more easily accessible and manageable. 

Regarding account balance changes, the current theory is that there is an Express Web Connect connection method bug.  I suggest using the Direct Connect or Web Connect connection methods if available instead.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another suggestion is to enter the correct Opening Balance in the memo field of that transaction so that you have a reference to see if it has changed and what to change it back to.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. What’s interesting with the account balance changes is they sometimes change without connecting to any of my bank accounts. As a matter of fact 2 of my accounts that recently changed isn’t set up for a bank connection at all. That’s the reason I was assuming it had something to do with cloud sync. Thanks again.
  • RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks Splasher. I actually seen your suggestion in one of your previous posts on the forum. That’s how I know what to change the opening balance transaction to each time it happens.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, Express Web Connect is now using "sync to cloud" to download transactions and as such all attachments in Express Web Connect accounts are synced no matter what settings you have.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    RRJ said:
    Thanks for your reply. What’s interesting with the account balance changes is they sometimes change without connecting to any of my bank accounts. As a matter of fact 2 of my accounts that recently changed isn’t set up for a bank connection at all. That’s the reason I was assuming it had something to do with cloud sync. Thanks again.
    The thing about the Express Web Connect connection method is that the connection to your bank to pull your data is not dependent on whether you perform an update in the Quicken program.  The server's are supposed to pull the data over night.

With regard to account balances changing without having a bank connection or being selected for sync, I would look at transfer transactions or reminders.  If these are investment accounts, examine the price history.
  • RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks Everyone!
This discussion has been closed.