What has happened with Chase Bank Acct Updates?

My Chase checking and savings acct quit updating in March. They also have dropped from my one step auto update link and I cannot add them back in. The update link option is greyed out.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab
  • estewa
    estewa Member
    Home, Business & Rental Property
    Version: R40.21
    Build: 27.1.40.21
    Windows 11 Home
    Membership valid until March 14, 2023

Bank is JP Morgan Chase

My JP Morgan Chase accts have been on all my previous versions of Quicken. This problem is a recent problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The most important information from the Online Services tab is if this account is setup with Express Web Connect of Direct Connect?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    estewa said:
    Home, Business & Rental Property
    Version: R40.21
    Build: 27.1.40.21
    Windows 11 Home
    Membership valid until March 14, 2023

Bank is JP Morgan Chase

My JP Morgan Chase accts have been on all my previous versions of Quicken. This problem is a recent problem.
    Again, please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab
  • estewa
    estewa Member
    Accts are set up with direct connect
  • estewa
    estewa Member
    JP Morgan Chase Bank is the full name of the bank. Online accts were set up via direct connect method.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you picked the one Chase selection that has the wrong URL.

The other Chase selections have an URL of www.chase.com.

I'm using Chase for my banking accounts, and Chase Investments - New for my investment accounts and they are all working fine.

You need to deactivate all your accounts for downloading and then select Tools -> New Account and setup with the proper financial institution name.  Be sure to link to the existing accounts when asked instead of creating a new account in Quicken.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Just so you are aware of this, once you switch over to the new financial institution name, see this announcement:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    estewa said:
    JP Morgan Chase Bank is the full name of the bank. Online accts were set up via direct connect method.
    JP Morgan Chase Bank only supports the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method.

If you want to use the Direct Connect connection method, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with JP Morgan Chase Bank and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with JP Morgan Chase Bank and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...JPMorgan Chase BankAdvanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

You may need allow Quicken desktop access to your Chase account at https://secure07a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/securityCenter/overview/index

Note:  When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.

• Glen Raggio
    Glen Raggio Member ✭✭✭
    I was getting the OL-393-A error also. This began only a couple of days ago. It seems that the "Online Bill Pay" was checked. In the Account List uncheck the Chase accts under Online Bill Pay.
  • davemize
    davemize Member ✭✭
    > @"Glen Raggio" said:
    > I was getting the OL-393-A error also. This began only a couple of days ago. It seems that the "Online Bill Pay" was checked. In the Account List uncheck the Chase accts under Online Bill Pay.

I had the same issue over the past week, finally came here for advice. Your solution fixed the problem, thank you. No idea how Bill Pay got flagged as I don't use it. Quicken software updates lately have been doing some screwy things.
  • estewa
    estewa Member
    My problem with my JPM Morgan accts began in March after that Quicken update. I had already taken the "fix the problem steps" suggested in this communication chain & was still not able to get my JPM Chase accts to update. I eventually had to delete my acct and re-install it, which (at least for now) has fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.