is there a way to print out usernames and passwords?

I have Quicken Home Business and Rental.
Version R40.21
Build 27.1.40.21

Trying to get my estate in order should I pass, is there a way to get the websites or Quicken facility names, along with the usernames and passwords to print on command with the websites, usernames and passwords showing?

the inability to do this can cause a major problem as many places require passwords to be changed frequently.

I don't think I am alone when I say that I have change passwords and didn't write them down immediately as I know Quicken will retain them. I wonder if there is a way it could print out the websites, usernames and passwords on command with a security prompt.

Back in the early days of quicken, we could print out the password Vault with the facility name username and passwords printed. I understand it has changed to be more secure but there has to be some way of getting all this information together and printed when required. It can be a series of keys pressed together or a key with verification requirements

I know this sounds like a strange question, but I feel it has merit as none of us are promised a tomorrow.

Please help
Thanking you in advance

Lorie J in CT

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tools > Password Vault > Add or Edit Passwords...
    Click the tiny printer icon at the bottom left of the resulting dialog.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    While in the Password Vault, you can print out the information that is in it.
    Personally, I use third party Password Manager software to remember mine and it has print out capability.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lorie
    Lorie Member ✭✭
    I was and am aware that I can print the password vault contents which for all passwords will print
    "Not Required". I would like a printout that shows the actual passwords
  • Lorie
    Lorie Member ✭✭
    third Party password Manager?
  • Lorie
    Lorie Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    rocket j squirrel and splasher. I just off the phone with tech support and they said that Quicken will not give us a report showing the username and password. I am totally frustrated. I am at a loss as to why we even have the Password Vault . It serves no purpose at all.

splasher what third party password manager do you have? please email me as I need to find a solution to this problem. email me at [Removed - Privacy/Email]

thanks
    Lorie J in Connecticut
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Password Vault still contains and can print passwords for Direct Connect accounts, which mine mostly are. I stay away from Express Web Connect as much as possible.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorie said:
    rocket j squirrel and splasher. I just off the phone with tech support and they said that Quicken will not give us a report showing the username and password. I am totally frustrated. I am at a loss as to why we even have the Password Vault . It serves no purpose at all.

splasher what third party password manager do you have? please email me as I need to find a solution to this problem. email me at [Removed - Privacy/Email]

thanks
    Lorie J in Connecticut
    I won't suggest any one product.  Several of the anti-virus programs offer them as part of their package.  Google "password manager reviews" from groups like PCMag, Cnet, Tomsguide, etc for suggestions.
    The Password Vault in Quicken only has the passwords for the Direct Connect method connections.  Since the Express Web Connect method doesn't need to store the password in the vault since it is stored on the data aggregator's website (Intuit), Quicken doesn't need it to get the download.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lorie said:
    Our preferred password manager is KeePass.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @Lorie - Why not just set up an account on Quicken just to hold your login and password information.  A cash account is simple and would work.  You can "not show" any column you wouldn't need.  But maybe these columns would work?

Date = (required and can't suppress-any date would work)
    Payee  = Bank Name
    Category = "Password" (or anything you want)
    Memo = Website address
    Notes = Login and sign-on information
    Clr = (good idea to make all "R")

This is just an example and suggestion that might work for you.

If you do use something like this, I would also recommend you use a password for your Quicken file, if you don't already do so.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorie said:
    Hi @Lorie ,

Read about RoboForm from here:  https://www.roboform.com/
    You can get Roboform for Free. And you can print out exactly what you want from the Security Center, in Roboform program.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder how one maintains their usernames/passwords in this day and age if they aren't using some kind of password manager.  Either a standalone one or the one in their web browser.

Any username/password that you would use in Quicken would have to also be available for you to log in to maintain that account (web or App).

I personally use RoboForm and have been using it for decades.  I think it is one of the best password managers available.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.