What are we supposed to do with the information "discrepancy detected" under review and repair?

Terry
Terry Member ✭✭✭
The pop up under review and repair dosen't give enough information to know what to do with it.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    I hope you can open this. Terry
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Terry said:
    I hope you can open this. Terry
    If you don't know what to do, choose Do not make any changes and review the Quick Pay and Check Pay transactions that have not been sent.  You may then decide what you would like to do them one at a time.
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    I've been doing that for six months. I wish there was a way to find out which one or how many they detected before I chose any of the other options. All my Quick pay and Check pay transactions show as scheduled. I'm not sure what to look for to find the offending transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Terry said:
    I've been doing that for six months. I wish there was a way to find out which one or how many they detected before I chose any of the other options. All my Quick pay and Check pay transactions show as scheduled. I'm not sure what to look for to find the offending transactions.
    One way to determine the offending transactions would be to allow Quicken to change the transactions and compare the register with the register in a Quicken file backup.  You would then be able to restore the Quicken file backup and decide what you would like to do them one at a time.
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    Good idea. Thanks
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    Well, the transactions that they said were in the register and not on the server (14) ranged from scheduled quick and check pay to check pay that are in the mail to reconciled transactions. It makes no sense to me.
    The 2 transactions that it said were on the server but not in the register were actually in the register but 1 cent different from the server. I don't get that either.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Terry said:
    Well, the transactions that they said were in the register and not on the server (14) ranged from scheduled quick and check pay to check pay that are in the mail to reconciled transactions. It makes no sense to me.
    The 2 transactions that it said were on the server but not in the register were actually in the register but 1 cent different from the server. I don't get that either.
    You may not ever understand what caused the discrepancies, but you should now understand what need to do to resolve it.
This discussion has been closed.