How do i choose the currency when entering a security

Sonalimundkur
Sonalimundkur Member
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
In the past when entering a new security i had the option of choosing the currency. Now it automatically assigns it as a canadian dollar investment. I have found a way to make the change under tools and security list but this is a very convoluted way of changing currency. Why has the choice of choosing a currency been removed when i am making a manual addition to a security like a Call option or a put option.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Are you using the Canadian version of Quicken? Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version you are running.

When did you first notice this change?

When creating a new manual security, US Quicken defaults to the currency you have set to your Home currency in the Currency List but as you note you can change a security's currency from the Security list or under Edit Details in the Security Detail view. 

You would think that if you create a manual security from within an account that does not use your Home currency, it would use the account's currency for the new security, but apparently not.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note that in any 1 account there can be only a single currency.  So if you hold securities with more than 1 currency, you need more than 1 investment account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonalimundkur said: In the past ......
    ok..... you are posting to the QWindows section - but your profile indicates QMac ?
    also you are commenting on Canada dollars - so what exactly are you using ....
    - US or Canada
    - Windows or MAC ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.