How do I downgrade back to my old quicken deluxe from subscription Premier

Need detailed instructions on fixing this mess like it never happened

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Greg in Jacksonville,

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• When I call them on Monday, which version should I have installed, my old Quicken Deluxe or the new Premier?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Version (year) / Release of Deluxe do you have?  The data file for subscription Windows Quicken is ONLY able to be opened by Quicken 2016, 2017 and subscription.
    If you are reverting back to an earlier version, all you can do is restore the last backup made in that version and do a lot of manual catching up.
    Provide some more information and you will get more specific advice.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Greg in Jacksonville,

I would continue using the Premier until you contact Support as they can walk you through a smooth transition back down to Deluxe and help you with any questions that you may have. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Just to update, after hours on the phone, the techs COULD NOT REVERT ME BACK TO MY OLD QUICKEN!!!

Buyers beware as when you install the subscription version, it almost deliberately makes it hard if not impossible to go back. Even the intuit techs were baffled. Being a long time Quickbooks user (over 20 years) and dealing with Intuit, I should have known better! If there were alternate software I could move my quicken data to, I would jump in a heartbeat!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit and hasn't been since 2016. What subscription level is show when you sign-in to your account on quicken.com and select manage account? If it's Deluxe, you should be able to sign-out of Quicken on your desktop and sign back in again. The quicken software is all the same, it depends on the level set in your quicken.com account.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in the past, every year (version) used data file information that prevented it from being opened by an earlier year.  You've not stated which year your Deluxe was, but if it was 2015 or prior, it can not work with a 2016 version or newer data file.  Since 2016, the data files are interchangeable.
    Provide us with all the facts and we can probably explain what the issue is.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• It was from 2014 Delux. I had original backup from 2014 that I use when reinstalling 2014 Delux and it would not work. Even though they were fresh 2014 backups they would come up with an error message every time saying the file was from a newer version. I spent hours on the phone and no one could get it back. I am now stuck in a subscription!
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you install an older version you will need to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• It installs updates when reinstall quicken 2014.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that Quicken 2014 updates when reinstalled. You need to download/install the R10 Mondo patch from the link that @volvogirl provided.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • I did it both ways. No go. I am done here as I have move past the hate of Quicken and on with life. Thanks for the help but I am tired of it after hours with the tech people and now other stabbing at the darkness.
This discussion has been closed.