Synchrony Bank Accounts not downloading properly

For several weeks I have not been able to download from Synchrony Bank- specifically CareCredit and Jerome’s Credit Cards. The online balance that Quicken shows is wildly wrong - like by over $1000. I have reset the account several time and then deleted and loaded it again and it’s not helping. Synchrony confirms they have a relationship with Quicken, so the issue appears to be with Quicken. At this point, I am also starting to experience issues with Lowe’s and Amazon which also go through Synchrony bank.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    olgapayne said:
    For several weeks I have not been able to download from Synchrony Bank- specifically CareCredit and Jerome’s Credit Cards. The online balance that Quicken shows is wildly wrong - like by over $1000. I have reset the account several time and then deleted and loaded it again and it’s not helping. Synchrony confirms they have a relationship with Quicken, so the issue appears to be with Quicken. At this point, I am also starting to experience issues with Lowe’s and Amazon which also go through Synchrony bank.
    Hello @olgapayne

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert in relation to Lowe's Synchrony Bank branded accounts and connection issues that seems related to some of the issues you are describing. You can follow the discussion linked below for additional details and updates regarding this:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910220/ongoing-3-22-2022-lowes-commercial-card-synchrony-script-error-fdp-102#latest

There is an additional thread regarding Amazon branded cards that I will link here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910614/new-3-22-22-some-synchrony-branded-cards-cc-502-102#latest

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • olgapayne
    olgapayne Member ✭✭
    Hi. Thank you for the update. However, it appears to mostly pertain to Lowes. I am having issues with CareCredit and Jerome’s furniture. I am still getting cc-503 error. Thank you
  • Quicken Jared
    edited April 2022
    olgapayne said:
    Hi. Thank you for the update. However, it appears to mostly pertain to Lowes. I am having issues with CareCredit and Jerome’s furniture. I am still getting cc-503 error. Thank you
    Hello @olgapayne

Thank you for getting back to me and providing me with further details about the problems you are experiencing. I am sorry that these issues are still ongoing, for the moment.

I wanted to bring your attention to an Open Alert that is currently active regarding CareCredit card and connectivity issues that may be related to the situation you are describing. You can follow the thread linked here for additional details and any available updates.

Also, I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support with the contact information made available in this link as they will be able to best document and troubleshoot the CC-503 errors you are experiencing, particularly with respect to Jerome's Furniture.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    I too cannot download transactions from Lowes credit card. I am able to open my account at www.lowes.syf.com/login. I have change my password several times and tried to login but to no avail. I have received error messges about duplicates accounts and error in credentials. After the lastest change in my password, I receive error CC-503. One of your earlier responses says that the issue was resolved. Is there a link tothe ressolution?
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    I should also add that when I expoer the information from Lowe's site in qfx format, nothing is added to my Lowe's register even though data was included in the download. When I ask for the exporrt in csv mode, .the data does appears in Excel.
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    I've tried to use the links provided by QuickenJared in an earlier response. All I get is "Permission Problem" and "You don't have permission to do that." I even cannot get Lowe's on my download list. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Leslie Lewis

I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I suggest following this link to make sure that you are signed in then you may return to this thread to try to use the links provided by @Quicken Jared.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lworks86
    lworks86 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with Lowes. I tried the links you suggest and get error you don't have permission
  • Quicken Jared
    lworks86 said:
    I have the same problem with Lowes. I tried the links you suggest and get error you don't have permission
    Hello @lworks86

I do apologize for any confusion you may have experienced. Thank you for seeking additional information about this problem here in this Quicken Community discussion. 

Because some of the issues described in this thread began at an earlier date, there had been Open Alerts in relation to Synchrony Bank that were linked, but have since been resolved. To be clear: are you currently experiencing a CC-503 error when trying to update or download from your Synchrony - Lowes account? When did this issue begin? First, I want to be sure that you have attempted the steps listed in the Support Article linked here

I hope to hear about your results soon.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • atpoole
    atpoole Member ✭✭
    I am not able to complete Online Set-up to Synchrony Bank. There are many financial institutions with Synchrony in their name. My credit card was issues by Dick's Sporting Goods. It is a MasterCard issued by Synchrony Bank. I get a CC-502 error when I select Synchrony MasterCard as my financial institution.
  • Quicken Jared
    atpoole said:
    I am not able to complete Online Set-up to Synchrony Bank. There are many financial institutions with Synchrony in their name. My credit card was issues by Dick's Sporting Goods. It is a MasterCard issued by Synchrony Bank. I get a CC-502 error when I select Synchrony MasterCard as my financial institution.
    Hello @atpoole

I do apologize that you are being affected by this connectivity error. Thank you for bringing the problem to this Quicken Community discussion for further assistance.

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then attempt to refresh your account information using the steps below:
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.

Error When Updating Accounts CC-502

1. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    2. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    You can also consult this Support Article for additional information. 

Let us know if this error is continuing after refreshing the accounts.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • atpoole
    atpoole Member ✭✭
    I did as you suggested but I have not been able to set up online so I can not select update now. I did try to set up online but got the following error CC-503
    I used a different selection for Financial Institutions
  • Quicken Jared
    atpoole said:
    I did as you suggested but I have not been able to set up online so I can not select update now. I did try to set up online but got the following error CC-503
    I used a different selection for Financial Institutions
    Hello @atpoole

Thank you for reaching out again. I do apologize about this new error message you are receiving.

Have you also attempted the instructions listed in the Support Article referenced to @lworks86 regarding error messages of this variety? I will link it here again for your convenience.

I look forward to hearing your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • 58kopykat
    58kopykat Member ✭✭
    I've been getting CC-503 for Care Credit aka Synchrony for at least 2 weeks now. I deactivated it and when I try to activate it again I get the CC-503 Synchrony can't find my account. At about the same time, Paypal aka Synchrony changed the name of the account on me. I was able to fix that but not the Care Credit. Like @atpoole, I can not select update now OR change/delete password because Quicken no longer has it in the system to update. And yes, I went to all of the links you have provided and none of it fixes this issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 58kopykat
    58kopykat Member ✭✭
    So tired of Quicken ping-pong. Q says it's Synchrony. Synchrony says it's Q. This has been going on for over a month. I've spent this entire day on the phone or in chats with the 2 adversaries and still no solution. Synchrony says Q needs to use carecreditvet to access my account. I can't change it. I can now find carecredit (no spaces) and it finds my account but won't let me do anything with it.
This discussion has been closed.