One Step Update (quotes and currency exchanges) not working (Q Win Canada R 40.28)

Kromtara
Kromtara Member ✭✭
I enjoy Quicken and have used it for over 20 years. This is only the second time that I have had issues and notice I am not alone.
Since the last major upgrade the Update function (One Step Update) is not working. I only use Update for quotes and currency exchanges not for connecting to Institutions. When I open One Step Update and click on "Update Now" the windows disappears and nothing happens. My quotes and currency are not updated and the "One Step Update Summary" indicates 0 quotes and investment headlines updated.
I chatted with Quicken Customer Service and they advised me to completely re-install my Quicken product, which I did successfully, but this did not fix the issue.
My Quicken Deluxe is R40.28, 27.1.40.28, Canada, Windows 10 Home
Thank-you for fixing this issue as quickly as possible for myself and others on this thread as I rely on Quicken to manage our finances.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Close/reopen Quicken
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding stock quotes not updating. You may follow this link in order to access the alert and bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. Please note, the instructions located within the alert. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Oldgrey
    Oldgrey Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue and the only current fix for me was to downgrade to the 2021 version of Quicken R33.7 when I did this all downloading worked as normal. The 40.28 update looks to break the link between the program and Intuit servers.
  • questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here - I posted that the upgrade was defective. Well they send a new update, which has the same bug. From what I see, if you click the one step update from the account bar at the top on the left, it fails to update anything. However if you go to the Investing tap and click Update it works. I suspect they just forgot to link the update of stock quotes from that button in the new update!?

I hope they do fix it too.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Kromtara
    Kromtara Member ✭✭
    @questionsforever thx, you are the best. You are right - the update works from the investments tab but not from the main menu! Blah. At least now I an update my quotes and exchange rates (bad as they are).

@Anja thank you for forwarding this to the right people. FYI - I did use the Help>Report a Problem feature when I first discovered the problem. It took me a while to write it up and attach my screen shots. Then when I went to submit it immediately came back with an error about cannot submit and try again later. I did not try again later but instead joined this forum and it is paying off ;)
  • Leonard518
    Leonard518 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I'm experiencing similar issues with Canadian quotes. My Canadian Home and Business version renewed April 27th. Issues following update to Version R40.28, Build 27.1.40.28 this week included failures to update quotes for stocks traded on Canadian exchanges and failure to process CAD bank transactions.

Checked symbols for every security, inserted exchange where needed. At one point I was able to select which country the data file will be used. Quicken worked briefly. Installed Canada version for Mondo manual update May 10. Except for one obscure mutual fund and one security, no Canadian quote has updated since then. U.S. stock quotes all update. Canadian bank transactions in CAD and USD work.

Signed out of all devices, deleted Quicken, downloaded and installed Canadian Home and Business version again, version and build as before. Still no Canadian quotes with two exceptions. Tried going to the Investing Tab instead of my portfolio: same result (unlike others).

I've used Quicken for decades with few issues. Issues seem transient. Guidance on differences between U.S. and Canadian versions are sometimes contradictory. In general, it seems both should update Canadian quotes with a few exceptions. That was my experience before: now only two quotes update. It's 2022: Quicken Help has information on versions up to 2018. A subscription should avoid issues, not cause an app to break. Subscription performed well for several years, but this week was dreadful.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the previous comments on recent Canadian update problems. I couldn't download bank transactions after updating from R33.7 to the new update R40.23 early last week so I reinstalled R33.7 which seemed to solve the downloading and historical TSX index data problems. I then noticed that they had quickly released a new version R40.28 to address this issue.

Now the stock quote updates have stopped working for both US and Canadian stocks as of early this afternoon (May 16) on my Quicken Canadian Home and Business version R33.7 as well. I am not able to get any current quotes at all irregardless of where I try to update from, even though the Update Summary is saying everything was successfully updated.

I have reported the problem via Help-Report a Problem. I wonder if they did much testing on these new Canadian updates before rolling them out. It seems that this issue is also affecting the prior version.

What worries me is that Quicken is now saying that unless I upgrade to the problem-ridden R40.28, all my bank transaction downloads will stop working entirely as of May 31. I certainly hope they can come up with a reliable release by then.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    I just noticed that quote updates are working again (May 16, 6:00 pm) in version R33.7.

There is a great discussion on new Quicken Canadian Windows updates here -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913218/r40-28-canadian-should-i-update-now-or-wait#latest

PLR noted on May 11 - "Meanwhile I chatted with Quicken's agent who informed me that banking and investments updates could MAY BE still working after May 30th even without R40.28. Very odd !"
    If true that would be good news since I'm perfectly content sticking with Cdn Home & Business for Windows R33.7.
  • Charles9967
    Charles9967 Member
    I upgraded the first time about two weeks ago, or so. The update button, circular arrow, in the top left stopped working, and I got an error message telling me to sign out & then sign-in again, but that did not work either. But the Update button in the top right did work, so I figured i would give it a week or so and see if they fixed the bug. I checked for a new release, there was one this morning (so I thought) and I applied it, now neither update buttons work. Called the help desk and was sent to this support community, and basically told to wait for the fix. I'll have to look into reverting to R33.7 if this takes too long.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem with Quicken Canadian Home & Business R33.7 and Windows 10.
    Also stopped yesterday and then it worked again yesterday evening, but nothing at all today.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Close/reopen Quicken
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Signing out of my Quicken ID, restarting Quicken and re-signing in worked.

Thank you
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding stock quotes not updating. You may follow this link in order to access the alert and bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. Please note, the instructions located within the alert. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
    my stock quotes won't upgrade on latest release 40.28. there is a clock icon beside the stocks and they are several days out of date. clicking update won't update it. Anyone else have this issue?
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    After updates stopped again today I read and tried the suggestion from Anya's post above.
    Logging out, closing Quicken and then restarting and logging back in worked for me as well. (Quicken Canadian Home & Business for Windows R33.7)
    It's critical to close the program after logging out and then restarting it then logging back in, otherwise it won't work.
    Thank you Anya, Jasmine for that info.
  • steve.holtzkener
    steve.holtzkener Member ✭✭✭
    I also have three since the latest updates (I now have 40.28).

1: Quicken update hangs and gives me two error messages. 1: Quicken could not complete your request. Try again later. 2: An internal error occurred while initiating Quicken Update. Please sign out and sign in again.

2. When I try to sign in again Quicken ID & Cloud just hangs followed by message 1 above. (so I can't sign out or sign in again)

3. I tried to report the bug, but Quicken hangs and I get the same error message as above. So I can't "officially" report the bug.

I've spent 2 or 3 hours on the phone with Quicken support trying to debug. I did the latest Mondo update, but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I didn't (couldn't) do was log in as a different Microsoft User. (I wasn't sure how to create a new user without losing access to everything on my computer). So, I'm left with the 3 bugs listed above. When Quicken sent me an email saying they were going to close the ticket, I objected saying the problem remains unsolved. Now I see lots of others with problems (some similar, some not) with this release.

I've been a Quicken user since 1997, but I'm starting to think I need to consider alternatives.
  • Kromtara
    Kromtara Member ✭✭
    Hi everyone, it's me. Here's hoping that you had a great start to the long weekend. This is a quick personal update. I am still limping by with the latest version of Quicken Deluxe (R40.28, 27.1.40.28, Canada, Windows 10 Home) because, thanks to a poster here, I am able to update my stocks, exchange rates, and dashboard. The main "Update" button (One Step Update) still does not work. However, when I go to the "Investment" tab and click on "update" a different graphic pops up (little institutions with lines) and everything updates. That is, except the dashboard (of course). I also have to click on the three dots top right on "Investment Top Movers" for that. I am planning to chill here until a new Quicken Deluxe Canada software patch comes out. I hope that this thread has been helpful and that everyone's problems are eventually fixed. Yours sincerely.
This discussion has been closed.