Alliant Credit Union - downloading duplicate transactions from ~30 days back

SeattleSummer76
SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
I like many others here have the issue where Quicken downloads the newest Alliant CU transactions correctly, but also incorrectly downloads transactions that were previously downloaded approximately 30 days ago. I've "Reset Connection" and "Disconnect Account" many times but the issue persists. It's been going on for at least two months.

There are no error messages, just downloading of transactions that Quicken downloaded ~30 days ago. I have to delete the duplicate transactions every time I reconcile and then it reconciles just fine. I do not have this issue with the other eight FI's I connect to through Quicken.

Stats: Mac, Quicken Deluxe version 6.7.0 (Build 607.44072.100), Alliant Credit Union (4543), Quicken Connect (FDP_DEFAULT), credit card account.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have requested a moderator move your post to an appropriate Quicken for Mac category.
  • SeattleSummer76
    Sherlock, What are you talking about? This message was posted in quicken for Mac, and the appropriate Quicken for Mac category of downloading transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SeattleSummer76,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Sherlock, What are you talking about? This message was posted in quicken for Mac, and the appropriate Quicken for Mac category of downloading transactions.
    First, to clarify Sherlock's response; this post was originally posted in a Windows category yesterday. I moved it to a Mac category after Sherlock flagged the post with a request to have it moved.

In regard to the issue that you posted about; it would be better suited for you to contact Quicken Support directly for assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and may be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    No.  It was not posted in a Quicken for Mac category on May 19, 2021 at 11:47 am PDT.

I posted my comment to help prevent others users from wasting their time.
  • SeattleSummer76
    I spent some more time investigating, and if I turn on Sync ID I can see that the IDs are different from between the transactions downloaded 30 days back and the ones recently downloaded.

Based on the guidance in the article below, that suggests that it's entirely a Alliant Credit Union issue: they are literally re-sending the transaction a second time through the OFX connection, which would be a big no-no.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

I'll contact Alliant Credit Union and report back.
This discussion has been closed.